Booking Hospital

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ToBeSept05 Posts: 97
Hi I know what hospital I want to attend but I have not decided whether I am going public or semi private. Do I need to know before I book the hospital. Also when I attend the GP he gave me a form to fill out and send off to the Health Board I think, havent filled it in yet. Did anyone else get this form. He signed it and stamped it.
kerbs Posts: 75
Hi to be - I am in the same boat as you.. I got the form last week but doc didnt stamp it as I am now moving doctor (as moving house) I didnt know if I was going public/ private or whcih hospital.. but think I have that sorted now. Think you do need to know b4 you ring the hospital? But I am def. not the expert here! I am trying to ring my consultant to book in with him (app. they can book up very fast) but he is on hols this week so am going to try again next week... I'm probably not much help as I know v. little more then you but thought I would try anyway! When are you due?? I am the 7th of April.. exciting isnt it?? :D
Its a Secret Posts: 178
Hey, With my choice of hosp it was the first question they asked me. There was a different ph. number for the semi-p clinic? Also i got a choice of obs which I don't think you get when you a public. That's just my hospitasl anyway. Did your doc. give you a refferel letter?
ToBeSept05 Posts: 97
Hi Kerbs, My due date is the 10th April, every week hubby and I look at book to see what is happening for the week. But still dont really feel pregnant, how are you feeling, so far thank god I have no morning sickness, just a bit tired in the afteroon, around now is when I usually feel as if I could go asleep and a little moody, one minute I am really happy then the next I feel like crap. What hospital are you going to - I am going to Holles Street. Its a Secret - yeah I got a referral letter from my Doc to hand in when I go the the clinic in 5 weeks time, as I live in wicklow I can now visit Holles Street in Greystones. Mad isnt it.
Its a Secret Posts: 178
I am Holles St. too! Good Luck with your decision!
kerbs Posts: 75
hey there I am feeling quite queasy to be honest (esp. today for some reason..) and round about 4/5 in the afternoon I could sleep at my desk!! It is great to be getting that bit further on all the time though.. Think I am going to the coombe - tho that is not yet a definite? Am going to see my doc this week and she will stamp the form for me. Think I will be relieved then to "offically" be on a list somewhere! At the moment still feel that its not quite real, if you know what I mean?? Really, really looking forward to tellling the family but am going to wait until after the 1st scan to do that- think it is about the 11 week mark so am just going to try and keep it secret till then!!