Booking Parking at Dublin Aiport through AerLingus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I booked some flights with Aer Lingus recently and while going through the different steps, I was offered the choice to book parking also - which I think is supposed to be cheaper - I've no idea if it is. I don't think I have seen this before. I travel abroad a fair bit but fly different airports and airlines - so I'm not sure if this is a new option or not. Anyhow, I think it said something about a pin, but I'm not 100%. I just presumed I would get an email - but I haven't heard anything since. I'm travelling shortly and I don't have a pin or a reference etc. Do I just park away as normal? Do I get the ticket validated somewhere or something? I think I provided my car reg. There is nada on AL website.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
It sounds like the QuickPark that I use when we fly from Dublin airport. You need a PIN to get in and a different one to exit with. It is normally sent to your mobile phone. http://www.aerlingus.com/i18n/en/htmlPo ... _help.html
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Sorry I've no answer to your question - I just wanted to say that when I read your post title I thought it said: Bonnie Parker at Dublin Airport! I was thinking 'Gosh, that's odd, Bonnie's letting us know she's at Dublin Airport, is this some sort of 'goodbye, I'm outta here' post or something! I REALLY need to get my glasses checked! Or, you know, start wearing my glasses.
[quote="Smileykaz":3lptiihr]Sorry I've no answer to your question - I just wanted to say that when I read your post title I thought it said: Bonnie Parker at Dublin Airport! I was thinking 'Gosh, that's odd, Bonnie's letting us know she's at Dublin Airport, is this some sort of 'goodbye, I'm outta here' post or something! I REALLY need to get my glasses checked! Or, you know, start wearing my glasses.[/quote:3lptiihr] :o0 Skipping the country. Thanks Flexi! I haven't received a message so I think I'll email AerLingus - I think there are a few different companies that provide parking. :thnk
[quote="Bonnie Parker":11nsc525][quote="Smileykaz":11nsc525]Sorry I've no answer to your question - I just wanted to say that when I read your post title I thought it said: Bonnie Parker at Dublin Airport! I was thinking 'Gosh, that's odd, Bonnie's letting us know she's at Dublin Airport, is this some sort of 'goodbye, I'm outta here' post or something! I REALLY need to get my glasses checked! Or, you know, start wearing my glasses.[/quote:11nsc525] :o0 Skipping the country. [b:11nsc525]Thanks Flexi! I haven't received a message so I think I'll email AerLingus - I think there are a few different companies that provide parking. :thnk[/b:11nsc525][/quote:11nsc525] Anytime :wv :wv
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
[quote="Bonnie Parker":vcptltck][quote="Smileykaz":vcptltck]Sorry I've no answer to your question - I just wanted to say that when I read your post title I thought it said: Bonnie Parker at Dublin Airport! I was thinking 'Gosh, that's odd, Bonnie's letting us know she's at Dublin Airport, is this some sort of 'goodbye, I'm outta here' post or something! I REALLY need to get my glasses checked! Or, you know, start wearing my glasses.[/quote:vcptltck] :o0 Skipping the country. Thanks Flexi! I haven't received a message so I think I'll email AerLingus - I think there are a few different companies that provide parking. :thnk[/quote:vcptltck] Thought maybe Max Clifford was extraditing ye!
[quote="Angel Doodle":kchnvih2] Thought maybe Max Clifford was extraditing ye![/quote:kchnvih2] I'm still being vigilant. He knows I let the cat outta the bag. I'm going to ground - in disguise as a lowly paid Garda. Who will buy the childer their Christmas presents :weep (joking! :action28 )
Did you find out what car park it was Bonnie??
No response from Aer Lingus yet Flexi. I was looking at the DAA website and it says that the reg of prebooked cars will be recognised at the barrier and it will just rise - but I'm not sure if I'm booked through them - I thought it mentioned a PIN.
[quote="SorrentoWife":2dj07ylm]We booked flights to London with Aer Lingus and booked the parking with the flights. Its with Quick Park. We got an email from them with a PIN to enter when we get to and leave the car park. Really handy, have pre booked with them before and so handy not to have to root for change to pay when you get back! The email is from [email protected]. Its not a DAA car park[/quote:2dj07ylm] Aha! That's great - thanks. I'll get on to them as I haven't received an email. :thnk