Books again!! Sorry!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lunasa Posts: 140
I know it has been asked so many times so im sorry for asking about it again! Always thought id get What to Expect but now not so sure after hearing it gives nearly too much info. Was looking at Your Pregnancy Bible but not sure if its from irish point of view? was also lookin at Miriam Stopparts Conception, pregnancy and birth but its brittish. Not sure if this matters but would love some advice. also want one with a week by week update and lots of pics!! not asking for much! :o0 Thanks in advance and hope you all doing well. :wv
milis Posts: 7998
I like the weekly updates and pics in my pregnancy bible. basically, with any of the non-Irish books you just have to ignore all the medical check up and 'at this month's appointment....' stuff!! I love the ruler running down the side of the page of the rough guide to pregnancy, that book spends more time on my tummy than in my hand, but there are no pics at all ;o(
Lunasa Posts: 140
Thanks milis, Is 'My pregnancy bible' different than 'Your pregnancy Bible'? saw 2 different books with those names but look more or less the same?
milis Posts: 7998
This is the one I have: [img:25z9x5ai]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BOwxV5c5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU02_.jpg[/img:25z9x5ai]
slinkyminx Posts: 650
I have the same book as Milis, I have found it brilliant, especially the week-by-week update of how baby is developing & the picture each week. There's also a couple of handy chapters at the back for when the baby arrives, ie step by step photos of how to bath a baby, how to top & tail, dressing a baby, nappy changing etc (for total beginners like me!!).
TracyD Posts: 750
Hi Lunasa, There are only 2 Irish books but neither of them are week by week. The Better Birth Book - Tracy Donegan The Irish Pregnancy Book - Peter Boylan Tracy
SGirl Posts: 2542
:o)ll
caoimh Posts: 479
hi, ive just recently bought "the day by day pregnancy book" its written by Dr Maggie Blott.... i find it really god, it has a picture for every day of your pregnancy and loads of information