boots for those with not so skinny calves!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
looking for tan/brown knee high boots with not too high a heel always have trouble with zipping them full ways as my calves arent the skinniest usually get them half way :-8 just wondering if anyone knows where I might get suitable ones that are still fashionable - wearing a teal dress Christmas day so looking for them for that.
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
I always get the same trouble actually, maybe try Evans website I think they do bigger or stretchier sizes
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
make boots to custom fit you! They're a bit more expensive but well worth the money. I'm ordering a pair for Christmas!
zeus Posts: 553
God im the very same & its head wreckin O:| Im also a bit of a cheapo & hate having to fork out €100 for a pair of boots!! I got black boots in Sept that just pull over your leg so they are brill - on the lookout for brown ones now - heard River Island do good sizes but you'l pay for them - mite ask them from santa :o0
gouganebride09 Posts: 557
Evans shops sell great boots that fit wider calved legs..some lovely styles too
zarazia Posts: 396
I have trouble with this aswell, have tried loads river island, new look etc and surprisingly enough i got a brown pair last year and a black pair this year from PENNYS. :eek They fit perfect and go over my jeans aswell. Never more then 30euro either but u have to be lucky cos they sell out fast. :wv
michelle06 Posts: 220
Oh God I'm the very same! Thought I was alone in the world! I only wear ankle boots as a result Great to see this post and get those tips, Thanks girls
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
:o0 was just about to say Penneys. Was in there looking for a cheapo pair of shoes and saw these boots that had extra room in them. looked nice.
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="MrsWhippy09":38xdkrp1]www.Duoboots.com make boots to custom fit you! They're a bit more expensive but well worth the money. I'm ordering a pair for Christmas![/quote:38xdkrp1] I second Duo. I got a pair and they are soooooo comfortable.
oddwire Posts: 842
This seems to be a really common problem! My friend and I were discussing this last winter. A shop local to us started stocking wider fit boots but the price difference was ridiculous, especially considering that most people I know would have this problem. We were both debating forking out for them though, when we realised that Dunnes Stores boots fitted just fine - they seem to be a bit more generous / realistic! Don't know what they have in stock at the moment, but check there and Penneys out if you don't want to have to fork out a huge amount.