Boring Car Question - sorry

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Senorita Posts: 3413
Sorry for the boring question, especially on a Friday night :o0 But I'm just wondering if any of you have or had a Ford Mondeo? Are they a good car? We've been let down twice in the past 2 weeks, over 2 Audi A4 (which we'd love), but today, a mondoe has come up, at a really good price. I'm going to see it tomorrow, but I'd love to hear some feedback, good or bad from ye. Thanks :thnk
Pearly Whites Posts: 707
well Ford cars are reasonably priced and more importantly servicing is cheaper too. My BIL has a Focus and its much cheaper to run then my sis's car VW. What year is the car? I reckon it is a safe bet alright. check out cbg.ie for reviews..... best of luck
milis Posts: 7998
My dad is a big fan of the mondeo -his last 4 cars were mondeo's, and I love driving it....but that could be just cos it has a bigger engine than mine!!
Thanks girls :thnk It's a 04, 2 litre diesel (but I get the diesel in work for nothing, one of the perks (very few perks! >:o) ). It's €7,000 cheaper than the audi (same year), and realistically, we would be stretching getting the audi. There's low enough milage on the mondeo too, only 40k on the clock (there's 64k on the audi). The problem for me is that even though I learned how to drive in a manual car, for the last 10 years, I've been driving an automatic. I couldn't go back to a manual at this stage, and diesel automatics are less common, than petrol unless you've got loadsa bobs and can affort a merc or the likes :eek :o0 Thanks for the feedback :thnk If anyone else has any, please let me know. :thnk
MrsDoyle Posts: 663
Hi Senorita, My dad has a '04 2.0l diesel automatic Mondeo. And I love it. Before that, his (and Mam's) last few cars were Mondeos and they've never had a minute's hassle with them. I'm not sure from your post whether the one you're looking at is Automatic or not, but if it is, I'd go for it. I'm driving Dad's at the moment while he and Mam are away and it's such a comfortable car, I'll be sorry giving it back. HTH and best of luck :wv
pupsalove Posts: 1490
Go for the Mondeo. The Audi are not as reliable as the Fords to be honest. All the salesmen/women on the roads drive Mondeos for a good reason - they're comfortable, reliable and u can drive and drive and drive them! Have a focus myself but if I had the money I'd buy a Mondeo.
Mrs Doyle, it's an automatic we are looking at :o)ll Pupsalove, thanks a mill, it's great to hear all the positive feedback :thnk
MrsDoyle Posts: 663
Go for it! Dad said he'd never considered an automatic before but is really glad he went for it now. And it's great for city driving. Just don't get caught driving it with a phone in your hand - happened to me on Monday and I got two points and an €80 fine :o( My own stupid fault. Can't blame the car!
[quote="MrsDoyle":32jt0uqp]Go for it! Dad said he'd never considered an automatic before but is really glad he went for it now. And it's great for city driving. Just don't get caught driving it with a phone in your hand - happened to me on Monday and I got two points and an €80 fine :o( My own stupid fault. Can't blame the car![/quote:32jt0uqp] pmsl :o0 :o0 :o0 Thanks MrsDoyle, I'm going to look at it in the morning :o)ll
rady Posts: 919
a friend had a mondeo and it has given her lots of trouble and has cost a fortune in repairs . she says never again. i have had two fords and find them reliable but the most annnoying problems arose, the back seat wouldnt fold back easily etc, just