Borris House Brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nicbride Posts: 101
Hi Just wondering if there are any Borris House brides on here. Would be great to share ideas on suppliers & ideas for doing up the reception room! Look forward to hearing from ye!
sydneyfox Posts: 177
Looks like it's just you & I Nicbride :) Too funny we are a year apart too. So yes getting very close and real right now. We are going with Eunice too and having our tasting when we get get home in April. Invites are out and rsvps are coming back thick & fast! We've very kindly been gifted the wine by parents so delighted on that one. Are you doing anything the day after? We are there for the whole weekend as not from the area.
emilyyy111 Posts: 41
good luck :)
Yes we are there the full weekend too. Will be doing something the next day alright but haven't fully decided yet. Probably a BBQ at the house & then down to the pub ( can't remember name of it - red pub with shop as you walk in, really old & quaint) and have some music organised. Everyone will probably be exhausted so I imagine it will be fairly relaxed. Are you doing your flowers for tables in Borris yourself or using a florist?
I'm outsourcing pretty much everything for the wedding!! It's hard to do stuff from Australia plus I want to enjoy the time once I get home without running around the place. Personally I also didnt want to do anything the morning of as I just want to chill and get ready. The village is really cute isn't it? I imagine we will hit the pub on the Sunday too.
Yes we loved the village. Stayed in the step house for a night over Christmas & it was great. Scenery is beautiful too. We has never been there before until we went to view Borris House! I imagine most of our guests won't have been there before either!
We were the exact same but stayed in Lorum. Which I highly recommend for your guests too. Jeez getting close now... Only 2 months to go really!
Only a month to go now - you must be getting so excited!!!
Getting very real!! I had my final fitting yesterday and got a little emotional but in a good way! I'm really looking forward to heading home and enjoying the build up now. How are your plans coming along?
Aww that's great! I'd say you can't wait to come home now. I'm actually heading to Borris tomorrow to show my sisters around it!! Looking forward to going back down. Haven't started dress shopping yet, plan to in May. Meeting a florist next weekend! Some if the flower quotes have been crazy or else I was just naive on what they cost!!! All part of the fun. Are you coming to ireland soon?