BOTHERED!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolabud Posts: 1
Hey, I am new to this site. I am gettting married in 2 years. NYE 2007, as H2B is waiting on his divorce papers to come through. I have known from the start that I couldn't marry in a church and I was fine with it, but now that I have told everyone and my family, I really want the church. I want to walk up the aisle, I want the blessing and the priest and the whole kit and kaboodle! But I can't and I really don't want to let it affect me. I have found the man of my dreams, my knight in shining armour and I never want to be without him. How do I get around this blooming problem.....
Mrs. Allie Posts: 275
Could you have a blessing in a church?
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Like Mrs Allie I was going to suggest that! Some people get married in Reg office the day before and have a blessing in a church on the day some of which are on the grounds of the hotel
yadayada Posts: 1066
You could try the Unitarin(sp) church on St Stephens Green or maybe look at the Brooklodge in Wicklow. They have a chapel on the grounds.
SandraM Posts: 1112
I'd go with the blessing in the church thing as well. Although one question - why do people usually have the actual marriage on a different day to the church blessing? Surely if you could manage to get a registry office and church close enough together you could do both in the one day - or is there something I'm unaware of that prevents this? Just curious......
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
Main reason seems to be that alot of people get married on Sat and the registery office doesn't open on a Saturday.
SandraM Posts: 1112
Would the registry office bit not be when they actually get married? :?
buddingmrs Posts: 322
Registry Office bit is when you get married in the eyes of the law, weding mass is when you are married in the eyes of the church, ie God as well as the law. A blessing is slightly different to a wedding mass but you'd have to be a theologian to know the difference.
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
Lolabud, If this is what you want - do it. There are alternatives, this site is a great start. Somewhere like Brooklodge is really great and you can have your fairytale!
december Posts: 1141
Has the law come in yet in ROI that you can get married in any suitable location as long you apply and it's done by a recognised person? I think you can do it in the North, so you could try somewhere just over the border...