Menu

Botox - Anyone had it done? Considering it???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hollymax Posts: 155
Firstly, does it hurt? how long does it take? how much is it? is it worth it? Have a few ole laughter lines and a furrowed brow from constant surprise at cost of wedding :shock: :o . Not getting married until next year, but was thinking of giving it a trail go???
b2b sep06 Posts: 112
Hollymax, are you based in Dublin?
Hollymax Posts: 155
I am indeedy!
rosaug06 Posts: 165
never say never...that's my opinion! :D
booboo Posts: 622
Wouldn't touch the stuff..Its the second deadliest toxin in the world..Too much of it can kill you...I know research has been done etc and it is allegedly safe but I don't know there has got to be some risks involved....
Hi hollymax, There is a place called the nail and beauty bar in donaghmede shopping center and they have a doctor that comes in once a month to do it in the salon. A friend of mine had it done and it completly took away her frown line. At the end of the day its a personal choice, but sure give them a ring and they can give you more info on it.
Service Finder
Miss X Posts: 1415
I know they do it in the Ailesbury Clinic in Ballsbridge, the doctor who owns it, carrys out the botox injections, I'm considering getting it in my armpits to stop sweating. But was quoted €400 so will have to think about it. They have a website www.ailesburyclinic.ie the nurses are all fully trained etc and its a very professional set up, not like a beauty salon at all. Best of luck with it.
yadayada Posts: 1066
[quote:23gdpvhk]I know they do it in the Ailesbury Clinic in Ballsbridge, the doctor who owns it, carrys out the botox injections, I'm considering getting it in my armpits to stop sweating. But was quoted €400 so will have to think about it. They have a website www.ailesburyclinic.ie the nurses are all fully trained etc and its a very professional set up, not like a beauty salon at all. Best of luck with it.[/quote:23gdpvhk] Hi Miss X I've heard that the sweat will just find another outlet...usually at the base of your back :shock: ..do you know if this is true? How long would the botox last for?
winter06 Posts: 70
Hi, a friend of mine has it done. He has been getting injections for his brow lines and crows feet for a couple of years now. He looks great! Problem is he doesn't want to stop now. He's very into looking fab if you know what I mean.......... I would say that prolonged use could be dodgy, but I wouldn't know really. Best of luck, let us know how it goes if you do it!
[quote:s7herefe]the nurses are all fully trained etc and its a very professional set up, not like a beauty salon at all. Best of luck with it.[/quote:s7herefe] Mrs X The Doctor and his nurse that come to the nail and beauty bar are fully trained and qualified.