Bottles-How many do u need??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bright Star Posts: 756
Hi all, Just wondering how many bottles u need in the early weeks-- what size etc? i have heard about different sizes, different teats etc and am a bit confused. Thanks :wv :wv
wifetobe Posts: 1438
I would suggest you buy 6x 8oz bottles and be done with it, you don't get the use out of the small bottles. I would recommend the Tommee Tippee Electric Digital Steriliser on sale at moment in boots and Dr Browns Bottles, I tried all the bottles and they were the only ones to stop dd's colic. I will buy a new batch for this new arrival when the time comes HTH :wv
Gingham Posts: 3014
I have bought 8 bottles...2 I got free with the steriliser and they are small ones so will use them for water and maybe a night feed but the other 6 are 9 oz..no point buying a load of small ones and then have to go and buy another lot. I bought the same number of teeth..I went with advent so they all seemed to come with size 2...I just bought a load of size 1's aswell. I prob won't get much use out of the 1's but id prefer to have the same number of teeth for each bottle...
sept09baby Posts: 1094
I got six 8 oz bottles. Got the Mothercare Steriliser ones. You put water in the cap and put the teat and bottle on top and pop in the microwave for 90 seconds. No need for seperate steriliser and it's so quick. Dead handy when out and about
lindy Posts: 1135
Hi I usually buy the box of 8 and you get 6 9oz and 2 small bottles which i use for water for baby. The teats you only change when you need a better flo on the milk. I use Avent alway have my little on had colic and i used avent and there great.Ill be doing the same on theis nipper. But you only need the 9oz bottles for each feed and the little one for there water no point buying all litle ones you will then have to buy the bigger bottles.
jmeath Posts: 5740
I have 3 small Tommee Tippe ones , thats all i bought for the start incase babs doesnt take to them and we have to change... i plan on having 8 so i always kinda have 2 on the go/spare when 6 are being steralised!
shellrex Posts: 571
[quote="sept09baby":1lujebej]Got the Mothercare Steriliser ones. [/quote:1lujebej] Can I ask did you get a disc/lid with those? I've bought them too and in the written directions it mentions using the disc for travelling to prevent spilling yet on the list of contents on the box there was no mention of them! When you out and about does the liquid leak/spill due to no disc? thanks :thnk