bottles/teat for slow feeder

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
Hi girls, I also posted this on M&K so apologies if you've come across it twice. My little fella is 12 days old & is in the ICU in the Rotunda. He came 4 & 1/2 weeks early & had bad jaundice & as a result is a very slow feeder. He was near impossible to wake for feeds so had to be admitted as his weight dropped & he needed some tube feeds. He's there now 7 days (only got home for 2 nights :o( ) but we're hoping he'll be home in the next day or two. I'm looking for advice re what bottles/teat to get for him. I have the tommy tippee closer to nature bottles & I have tried him with the vari flow teat but he didnt take to it. Seemed to be sucking & sucking & not getting anywhere & he tires easily so I need something that is fairly fast flowing & easy for him to suck on. Any advice greatly appreciated. :wv
babybambino Posts: 940
You poor thing, you've had a tough start. Our baby ( 3 weeks today) used to fall asleep all the time in the hospital during a feed, it took us a full hour to feed her 20ml one day, she was also slightly jandiced. When we got home from hospital we bought nuk bottles because they were the teats we used in the hospital but a friend commented that the nuk teats are purposely difficult for them to suck and she suggested trying Avent bottles. We had one we got with our Avent steriliser and she took to it like a duck to water. We have all Avent bottles now and it has made life a lot easier.