Bought a smoothie/juice maker - any recipes???????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

glittergirlrachel Posts: 279
Hi girls, Just bought a smoothie maker and am all excited about it. Even went to the shop and bought loads of fruit. They are gorgeous but am wondering does anyone have any really simple and delicious recipes??? Preferably ones with pineapple/melon but will try anything once!!!!! Will be smoothing my way to the wedding!!!!
Paul Hurley Posts: 179
Here's one I really like: [b:chdvrdjc]1/2 large pineapple milk of one coconut fresh,grated coconut, 1 banana, mashed grated nutmeg 80ml/3 fl oz milk Juice the pineapple and pour into a blender, add the coconut milk, grated coconut, mashed banana and milk. Blend. Pour into a glass and sprinkle with nutmeg. This makes a 230ml serving - enough for a light lunch or a mid-afternoon snack, between lunch and dinner.[/b:chdvrdjc] You can add some bran to add fibre to the smoothie. It also thickens the smoothie, making it a lot more filling. Also, add some nuts which add both protein and fat. The fat will slow down the digestion of the smoothie,keeping your blood sugars more stable. Be aware that the smoothies sold in shops (fruit and yoghurt only) are [u:chdvrdjc]awful[/u:chdvrdjc] in terms of weight gain - low in calories but play havoc with your blood sugars. Combined with a bagel, that's just about the worst breakfast or lunch you could possibly eat. Anyone familiar with the GI diets will be aware of the importance of keeping your blood sugars stable throughout the day when you want to lose weight. I'll post some more recipes if you like that one. Enjoy 8)
MrsVegas Posts: 414
Try throwing in whatever you have with some freshly squeezed orange juice. prevents it from being too thick. 1 x mango 1/2 melon is nice Strawberrys and banana is nice too You can get juice recipie books quite cheap now try
Frankie Posts: 1571
The best part is the trial and error I think. Try this for a lovely cocktail smoothie - went down a treat at a recent party. Masses of fresh ice 2 handfuls of strawberries 1 handful of raspberries 2 glasses of fresh OJ Good glug of Vodka Yummy :P
MTMR Posts: 788
must say I love the original and the best... a load of strawberries & rasberries with 1 banana, some yougurt, orange juice and a dash of honey. I find the smoothie maker can heat up somtimes and threfore add 1 or2 icecubes or a little bit of vanilla icecream.
glittergirlrachel Posts: 279
Thanks girls those all look yummy (especially the vodka one but am trying to be healthy- DAMN!!!!). The old banana and strawberry seems to be a staple so will go from there - had melon and pear last night and YUM!!! Think h2b is drinking them for support as his face tells a different story................. ha ha Thanks a mil and keep them coming!
Astra Posts: 1409
My fave is a handful of fresh strawberries, one banana, handful of fresh blueberries, orange juice, natural yogurt (the one in Aldi for 59c) and a dollup of honey. Blend together with some ice-cubes. Gorgeous!
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Had mine this morning, a handful of strawberries, 1 banana, a weight watchers yoghurt and some skimmed milk, might try putting some bran in it now to make it extra filling!
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
[quote:27mfkrto]The best part is the trial and error I think. Try this for a lovely cocktail smoothie - went down a treat at a recent party. Masses of fresh ice 2 handfuls of strawberries 1 handful of raspberries 2 glasses of fresh OJ Good glug of Vodka Yummy :P[/quote:27mfkrto] That sounds like my kind of smoothie Frankie, has nibs wedding happened yet and if so how did it go
Frankie Posts: 1571
Will PM you!