Bought the rings today and got a thick one!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
We bought our rings today and orignally I wanted a thin one but to the honest i had never tried on a thick band. I tried it on just for the hell of it and fell in love. I was never going for stones in it. I work with my hands quite a bit so it just wasnt practical for me. The stone in my e/ring is very very big so again the thin band was lost or even the one that matches the width of my e/ring. So so happy I tired on the thick band now. It even looks amazing on its own. Apparently the thick bands are coming back in again too.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
I'd love to see a pic, congrats on picking it :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
I dont have a picture cos its being sized but its dead plain and 3.5mm thick.
Newme2013 Posts: 704
Where did you get the 3.5mm? I was looking for that but apparently not easy to get in the court style/shape. What shape is yours? I also needed the thicker one to match my e ring. Love it though, and can't wait to be wearing both together
I got it in Abblebys. My ering is 2.5mm but the stone is very large and my hands are not exactly small so the 2.5mm or 2mm rings were lost on my hand and I wanted to be able to wear my wedding ring on its own and have it look really good. Surprised myself really but the minute i tried it on i knew it was me and it looked so well even on its own.
Champagne Sorbet Posts: 219
Funny that! I originally wanted a thick plain band as it kinda symbolised the importance of the wedding band iynwim? But when I went trying on it did not suit my ering at all! Gas the way you think you are so set on something and change your mind like the wind. I've surprised myself with so many things in most aspects of our wedding. Originally wanted a civil ceremony now the church ceremony is what I'm most looking forward to. Was desperate for a blush veil and tried it on and I looked ridiculous so I've a really long cathedral style weil instead also did NOT want a lace dress and yes, I've a dress with alot of lace!
Voltaire Diamonds Posts: 517
Hi there, Voltaire Diamonds supplies plain wedding bands in all widths, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm up to 7mm in gold, platinum and palladium. Please visit our website to see just some of the styles www.voltairediamonds.ie Kind regards Seamus
I know what ya mean missymc. I've changed my mind on so much stuff.
1978 Posts: 113
Mine is 3.5mm too, very plain, but I love it!!!!
Yeah, i love mine too. I really didnt think i would love it so much. I thought it would just be a ring. Mine is also plain. Oh i cant wait to wear it...