Boutique Hotels in Galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Newbie2011 Posts: 4
Just got engaged and planning to get married in about a year and a half in Galay (city or county). At the moment am thinking that I would really like to use a boutique hotel for the reception as I dont particularly like traditional hotels. Am thinking 'The G Hotel' , 'The 12' (in Barna) or 'The House Hotel'. Has anyone had their reception in any of these hotels or perhaps could suggest another hotel? Thanks! :-8
stuffy Posts: 51
How about Lisloughrey Lodge in Cong. It's only about 30/35 minutes from Glaway city. www.lisloughrey.ie
October_2007 Posts: 937
The G is a lovely hotel but car parking would be a bit of a mare for your guests. I'd second Lisloughrey Lodge in Cong or event the Ice House in Ballina if you were wlling to travel a bit further...
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
The 12 in Barna cater for small weddings, but have never been there for a wedding. The ice house in Ballina is excellent as is Lisloughrey, and if you go for the Mayo wedding locations you could use Ballintubber Abbey for the Church and that is a magical spot. I know it's a bit of a trek to Mayo, but it's so worth it. Here is a link to Ballintubber http://www.ballintubberabbey.ie/home.htm Hope this helps a bit :wv Sinead