Boy Baby Name - Opinions please - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dovetail Posts: 293
I love Theo but I wouldn't be keen on Theodore or Teddy. I'm also a believer in giving a child the name they will use as the name on their birth cert ie that if you plan to call him Teddy that that be his name on his birth cert - I don't know why - just personal opinion. I'm also in agreement with the other posters who advised keep names to yourself in so far as possible - that's what we've done for our boys and girls. I agree people will be less inclined to criticise a name when they associate it with a lovely, little boy. I think the crucial thing is how does it sound with your surname?
MrsAmy Posts: 983
It actually sounds awesome with the surname....the more I hear it, the more I like it! :-) Funny you compare it to a wedding dress....you're spot on. I've only told a few friends so far...not going to tell family at all... I know dhs side would have plenty to say about it..but I do really love it... I think Theodore on birth cert and for christening but he'll be Teddy to people close to hin, :-) And after all, Teddy Roosevelt did switch between full name and nickname pretty smoothly so don't see why this should be any different! Yes, I did just compare my wee bean to a president of the United States, hehe
Delphinium Posts: 3027
[quote="MrsAmy":1inz6bnr]It actually sounds awesome with the surname....the more I hear it, the more I like it! :-) And after all, Teddy Roosevelt did switch between full name and nickname pretty smoothly so don't see why this should be any different! Yes, I did just compare my wee bean to a president of the United States, hehe[/quote:1inz6bnr] Good for you, MrsAmy!! There is nothing quite like maternal pride is there?? :o0 Wait til you actually have your little man for real. As you can see from others' comments below, names are a very personal taste and everyone has an opinion. I think settle on it and say no more to friends or family.
Yeah, you're right... :-) plus his new Godmother loves it, :-) will keep quiet about it til babas born though, that way I can avoid the criticism/headaches over it!
trishmc Posts: 311
+1 . Dont like teddy at all but love ted !
I just think of Scrubs when I hear Ted so that ones out for me...sigh! :-)
outdoorqueen Posts: 448
Hey have U been watching Nashville, one of the characters is teddy
Nope, don't watch it at all... :-/ is it a girl or a boy Teddy? I don't think it will ever be as hugely popular as the likes of Ryan or Dillon so I don't really mind!
Silini2 Posts: 3834
If you like it, go for it!!! I think it's a nice name and it's original!
Winterlights Posts: 310
[quote="MrsAmy":1rewlace]Nope, don't watch it at all... :-/ is it a girl or a boy Teddy? I don't think it will ever be as hugely popular as the likes of Ryan or Dillon so I don't really mind![/quote:1rewlace] It might actually! I know 2 people who have Teddy as their top boy name!