Boys Names

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxi84 Posts: 260
Hi girls If we have a boy we would like to call him after Hubbie, his name is James. Any idea of what to use with it as a double barrell name (or James as the middle name) as having two James' in the house would be just too confusing. Thanks in advance :wv
babychino Posts: 634
DO you like the Jamie, it's a variation of James but different enough to avoid confusion.
MrsOC09 Posts: 1175
my Dh is Tom and so is his dad and i can say it causes utter confusion with post and bills, although hopefully your little baby wont be recieving too many letters in the post :yelrotflmaosmilie:
roxi84 Posts: 260
Thanks for the replies girls. babychino, I love Jamie but my sisters son is Jamie & DH's brothers son is Jason so those two names are out! Trying for #1, I know exactly what you mean DH father is also James & we live in the same area so its a complete nightmare with post & not to mention anything to do with tax or welfare etc etc. I really dont want this hassle but DH really wants to include his name in the name so I was thinking of it as a second name or double barrell.
new-wifey Posts: 338
How about Seamus? the irish for James.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
james junior, shortened to JJ? Dont know if ud be too gone on that tho, :-8
babydelights Posts: 28
Yeah i love the name JJ - or even JP for James Paul or something... I also know a guy called JK.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Personally and it's just MO if my nephew's name was Jamie I would stay away from James for my son's name. Alot of people end up shortening James to Jamie or would think that Jamie was shortened for James. I would use James as a second name if DH really wanted it.
TheG Posts: 309
Hey there, what about Jay?. It kinda sounds like just the letter J which is like your husbands. His initials would also be the same as your husbands.
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
My brother is called James,my dad was James and his dad was James. Dad was always called Jimmy,Grandad was Jimmy and my brother is James! It never caused confusion in our house but on the other hand H2b Dad is Seamus and his brother is Seamus and it was and still can be a nightmare when it comes to post etc. My son is Alex James...AJ You could put Christopher in front of the James and call him CJ, or John James..JJ.