BPA bottles- I'm not so sure they are dangerous

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
Hi girls, this is one topic that I have been looking into extensively in the hope of doing the right thing, and I found this website bisphenol-a.org/ and it seems that the BPA bottles may not be as bad as they are made out to be..... I know it's up to everyone to decide what is best for their child, but I think it's important that we all get both sides of the story so we can make a balanced and well-informed decision.
chicam Posts: 1169
I agree we should have both sides of the story and to quote my MiL "I've never heard of that nonsense before, all my children had regular bottles and they don't have any issues" (that remains to be seen really given some of my in-laws, but howandever!). In saying that, I did a lot of reading before I bought any bottles & in the end decided to go for MAM ones simply because they are anti-colic bottles (as are Dr Browns), they don't cost any more than say Avent ones, and they are BPA-free just in case!
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Glad you posted this - I researched this in detail and stuck with the Avent ones. I found since having DS that if you look hard enough there is something wrong with everything
jellytots Posts: 139
Did you find Mam ones that aren't blue or pink?? I cant find any :o( What steriliser did you buy?? Thanks
workingmom Posts: 3429
Yep, you can get clear ones if you look under the bottles section, there is a clear one with green stars on it I think, you have to buy these ones seperately, I think it's mad that they are all coloured, after all, bottles are something you buy before the baby is born, and you can't guess what it will be, so how the hell can you buy the coloured bottles.. some companies are so ......... unrealistic.
jellytots Posts: 139
Thanks a mill.. I'll check it out.. Is it on the website?
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
AFAIK its something to do with the BPA that the bottles have to be coloured (i think i remember reading that and i didnt just dream it!!!) but im with september princess, everyone has an opinion and the right to decide whats right for them so i went with Dr Brown and we have no problems at all so far.
fire fly Posts: 1241
I really don't think it could be a problem, my boy's are 6, 4 and 19 mths old and they are all perfect and I always had avent bottles. Fingers crossed they don't change. There is no way I could take my ds away from the confort of the bottles that he knows it would be unfair.
summer daisy Posts: 1336
I always used NUK and was always very happy with them.. I have now switched to the glass NUK bottles (had to order them especially!) but I love them..
pattie Posts: 2379
[quote="mrs gk":hrn37pol]Hi girls, this is one topic that I have been looking into extensively in the hope of doing the right thing, and I found this website bisphenol-a.org/ and it seems that the BPA bottles may not be as bad as they are made out to be..... I know it's up to everyone to decide what is best for their child, but I think it's important that we all get both sides of the story so we can make a balanced and well-informed decision.[/quote:hrn37pol] I'd be a bit sceptical about the website though mrs gk, surely they have a vested interest.