Bra or Corset?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TheBigDay Posts: 651
Are you wearing a bra or corset with your dress? I looked around Dublin this weekend for my underwear and tried on a few corsets, I always pictured I would wear one. I found them really uncomfortable and not very flattering, they gave me a major spare tyre. I am now contemplating just an ordinary strapless bra.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
I'd say go for whatever makes you look good and feel good no matter if i'ts not what you thought you'd go for - if the corset doesn't flatter you, then you won't feel your best and it'll only distract you from the enjoyment of the day.
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
[quote:1rhxbkpa]Are you wearing a bra or corset with your dress? I looked around Dublin this weekend for my underwear and tried on a few corsets, I always pictured I would wear one. I found them really uncomfortable and not very flattering, they gave me a major spare tyre. I am now contemplating just an ordinary strapless bra.[/quote:1rhxbkpa] ditto, one wedding shop i went to was really pushing the corset.. it was the most unflattering thing ever. I'm wearing a strapless bra.
blushing b2b Posts: 288
Have you thought about getting bra cups sown into your dress instead??? The top of my dress is a corset style so cant really wear another underneath nor do i want a bra strap to be seen through the strings on the back of the dress - when i get my alterations done i am going to get cups sown into dress rather than buy something....
Ghostbuster Posts: 1268
My dress is strapless with a herring bone bodice. I wanted to wear a corset underneath but it did nothing for me. I bought a sexy white lacy basque instead and it's also softly boned so it gives you a nice shape.
msmcb1 Posts: 508
Im definately going with a bra. I bought a really nice corset and thong to match but theyre too detailed and i have no doubt the detailing would come through the dress. The top of my dress is already boned..so 2 sets of boning would sufficate me. I wanna try to eat my dinner and if i cant breath ill be miserable. Its entirely up to you and how you feel. Go with whats comfortable for you and not what the sales people want you to buy.
SummerDays Posts: 665
Im currently in a quandry Ive got a corseted Maggie Sottero dress so not sure what to try. I hate strapless bras with a passion (as they never seem to fit properly and I never feel secure) so was trying to avoid if I could Ive been browsing www.figleaves.com and these two two seem like options. Anyone tried, any thoughts? The Body Wrap bandeau bra [img:33qwya6z]http://images.figleaves.com/product/220x308/r344506-p344577-front.jpg[/img:33qwya6z] Goddess Bridal Smooth strapless bustier [img:33qwya6z]http://images.figleaves.com/product/220x308/pm_god-690.jpg[/img:33qwya6z]