Bra Size!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lily K Posts: 643
Well girls I started out as 34A and from bout 15 weeks felt bras were getting a bit tight but still getting away with them. About 8 weeks ago I went into Marks and got a couple of 34B maternity bras. They were grand too but every evening I come home and the bra has to come off cos it's just digging into me. So today (at 28 weeks) I went into Marks to get properly measured thinking I probably should go into 36B well the girl laughed at me when I told her I was in 34B... She said I was measuring at [b:3kmtsuhr]38B[/b:3kmtsuhr] :eek :eek She brought me in the 38B to try on and it was sooooo comfy....... Can't believe I was so stupid to not get measured earlier. I knew the puppies had only increased 1 cup size but my back to have increased so much I was shocked! So I'd advise everyone to get properly fitted and not just guesstimate like silly me!!
milis Posts: 7998
I started out as a 34 A and I'm up to 36 B already! I have the back extenders for any of the 34 B's I bought. I didn't expect the back size to go up either, it's mad, isn't it?
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i started out at 34DD and am currently a 34E, although even those are getting far too tight :eek :eek i didn't think the back size would increase either it is weird :o0
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
How fast does the back size go up? I definitely think mine has gone up, but I just can't face buying anything more this early. Can you buy the back extenders in the shops with the bras?
jess08 Posts: 481
I found the back extenders were great cos after babs your boobs are still big but your back goes back down pretty much straight away so i was able to wear my pregnancy bras without the extenders and got much more wear out of the bras.
fifi28 Posts: 481
i started out a 34c and got measured in marks last week am a 38d :ooh i nearly died when she said 38 aswell !
Lily K Posts: 643
I never even thought of back extenders! Well hopefully the back won't increase much more. The girl in marks said I'd probably get away with a 36 but not for much longer so not worth spending the money. mrsbean, I'm not sure how quickly the back size grows cos obviously I left it way too long to get the right size but I reckon I should've been in a 36B at least 10 weeks ago and now I'm moving into 38B. I'd say just get measured as soon as your bra starts getting uncomfortable.
bam bam Posts: 1756
Yeah its mad, I went from a 34B to a 38D!!!! I nearly died, thought they had grown again and got measured but thankfully they're still the same, supposedly once babs is born they'll go bigger for a while too :eek
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
That's good to hear that the back goes back down! I've heard different things about this so was imagining having a massive back and smaller boobs.. not what I want at all! Will invest in some extenders, thanks :thnk
red_rubies Posts: 2424
So glad this was brought up!! I haven't been measured (silly I know!) but I have gone up at least a cup size. What I couldn't understand was that my bra was so tight around my back. I started off as a 32-34 & I'm wearing a 36 bra now & even that is tight. I refused to believe I'm a 38!!! I bought those bra extenders in La Senza & find them brilliant, my bra is so much more comfortable! Why does your back size go up exactly?? I am also glad to hear that it goes back to normal after babs is born!