Braces in Limerick?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Number2inNov Posts: 447
Posted in Fashion and Beauty as well, but figured there's more traffic here. I've been toying with the idea of getting braces for a few years, but lately I've been giving it more serious thought. I've an appointment with my dentist in 2wks and I'll ask him for his opinion, but I'd love to hear of any experiences ye may have. :thnk
sunny1 Posts: 995
i got mine with Barry LeMassney. His manner isnt great, he just gets on with the job but I found him very good very happy with results
Duffers Posts: 1841
I know you're looking for Limerick, but I have an appointment with Dr. Jeeves Kochar in Ennis in a few weeks. He's fantastic...Ive seen loads around that have been to him and are REALLY REALLY happy with him. My own dentist has been to him (I had already decided to go with Jeeves before I knew this) Check out his website.... Plus I love his name :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Number2inNov Posts: 447
Thanks for the suggestions girls, and I wouldn't mind travelling to Ennis either as it's not that far, so thanks Duffers for that suggestion too. Can I ask ye what kind of braces ye went for? I'd love if I could get ones that aren't very obvious, as I work in the public eye and I don't want people focusing on them. (Very vain I know :o0 ) I suppose the best thing to do is go for a consultation or two and see what options are open to me, but I like to hear what other people have gone for. Thanks again girls :thnk
PrincessJasmine Posts: 221
:innocent:
Hollylol Posts: 1072
I got mine from Peter Keenan, in galway... i know you said Limerick but just said Id let ya know that i was very very happy with them.... :)
ZeldaToo Posts: 553
Hi Hunnybun, I didn't get braces but I got some [i:1bqxdnmw]serious[/i:1bqxdnmw] cosmetic dental work done for the wedding in the No 8 Clinic on Shannon Street and can't praise them enough. I know they do braces though because there were lots of brochures there on them. It's a free consulation (well it was 2 years ago) so I would highly recommend you go and have a chat with Dr. Hickey. She's the kind of person I want to be when I grow up (except I'm prob older than her :o0) - really lovely to deal with, very professional and an expert in cosmetic dentistry. The only downside is that I don't think I was ever seen bang on time in there for my appointments but it was still worth it. I promise I've no link to them and I know this may sound a bit OTT but she absolutely transformed my smile and I've got tons of comments on how good my teeth look. I had been to a consultation with a normal dentist and the difference in recommended treatments was astounding - I made a very lucky decision to go with No 7 I think. The thing you've got to remember is that there are 2 types of orthodontics - traditional orthodontists are interested in you having the correct bite and alignment of all your teeth (which is important of course) whereas cosmetic orthodontists will concentrate on how your smile and face looks so my best advice is to shop around and see what the different options are.