Bras don't fit!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tras Posts: 1460
My boobs really swelled up straight away when I got pregnant, and they're pretty much spilling out of my bras. Need to get bigger ones but afraid to tempt fate in case something happens (it's still such early days!!). Just read this morning in one of my books that your boobs don't get much bigger than they are at the end of the first trimester...is this true?? The book recommends getting maternity bras straight away!! What are you all doing??
oirish Posts: 1541
don't know what to do about this one either tras. I'm very wary of any sort of forward-planning at the mo i've been going braless all week cos i'm at home from work nd was saying to dh on thursday evening I didn't think my boobs were getting any bigger. Had company yesterday and decided I better put a bra on and the only thing that would fit comfortably was a sports bra :o0
Just replied to your other post there, Oirish, it was my first time seeing it. Hope you're feeling okay now.
Florrie06 Posts: 316
I went ahead and got two maternity bras from Marks & Spencers and I have just gone ten weeks. They came in a two pack, are non-wired and wow the relief. All my other bras were under-wired and starting to be really uncomfortable. I think it was two for €30 and worth every penny for the comfort factor. They are quite supportive too given that they have to hold up my ample 36D's that have now increased to an E :ooh
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="morena":3rxk7kgi]I went ahead and got two maternity bras from Marks & Spencers and I have just gone ten weeks. They came in a two pack, are non-wired and wow the relief. All my other bras were under-wired and starting to be really uncomfortable. I think it was two for €30 and worth every penny for the comfort factor. They are quite supportive too given that they have to hold up my ample 36D's that have now increased to an E :ooh[/quote:3rxk7kgi] I use the same bras, a white and black in each pack. Mine increased in size until about week 22 and they seem to have stopeed growing now (TG). Get fitted they are so confortable you wont believe the relief.
brideeee Posts: 1490
Hey tras,. Don't put off going up a size- the relief is unreal. When I was 8 weeks I went from 32A to a 34B- just got a normal bra (with underwires). Then 2 weeks ago it started to stick in to me to the point where I was almost crying having to put it on- I got re-measured in M&S and they gave me a 36 B. I didn't get a maternity bra just got a non wired lightly padded bra in black and white- oh the comfort is brilliant. If I need to change up again I'll get maternity ones, Change though- you'll be glad you did!! xx brideeee
dovedro Posts: 1295
I'm still using my usual underwired bra's and I have to say I don't find them uncomfortable at all I've grown alright as my bra's are all too small and I know I'll have to get bigger one's with no underwire soon but I hate bra's without underwire so I'm hanging on as long as I can!
Well, I got two playtex without underwire yesterday, not the prettiest but I look a good bit smaller (no harm there!!) and they actually fit. Usually wear t shirt bras though, so the nipple-itis is a bit of a problem in the yard!!
pluto Posts: 3893
I've been wondering about this myself. I was thinking of going in in the next couple of weeks to get fitted. Do any of ye find that when ye get up in the morning they're at their sorest??? God sometimes when I get out of bed my boobs are so sore and tender, it actually turns my stomach, and sometimes I think it makes my morning sickness worse. My mum was saying maybe I should wear a soft bra in bed to support them or something. Now its not like they're flopping all over the place or anything :o0 but they're definitely bigger!
My book says that if you had 'full breasts' already that maybe you should wear a soft bra in bed. Apparently it prevents them sagging!! (Always good!!)