Braxton Hicks @ 20/21 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CaliMom Posts: 670
I've been having tight muscle feelings on the right side of my bump for about a week now (very infrequently I should add)... it's not at all painful, more confusing than anything really, and only last a few seconds so I'm not worried... for the last few days I had been thinking that it was the baby changing position and sticking her bum upward or something which made me and DH giggle :lvs but I've been googling around and have read other mothers describe this same thing as Braxton Hicks... even down to the 'lump on the bump'... could I already be experiencing Braxton Hicks this early in my pregnancy? I'd love to hear from other wollies who've experienced this...
petunia Posts: 1626
hi, i think i was at 22 weeks when i first felt them. Really weird experience!! they werent painful at all for me but over the weeks they got stronger and more frequent. The whole bump tightened up and went a bit of a funny shape, like over to the side slightly. They used to wake me up some nights, like it wasnt hard enough to sleep as it was ;o( Just a tip, make sure you drink plenty of water as if you are dehydrated they can be more intense. hth :wv
smileybride Posts: 205
wow, KB I think i am coming to the same conclusion, I thought it was just baby moving around but now I;m starting to think that's what i might be having too! :o)ll ps- were u an aug07 bride like me? thought i recognised your user name if that's not a stalker type thing to say :o0
smileybride, you're right... I was an aug07 bride too! CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy... it's great to see an old wollie on the P&B forum *) how is it going for you? Do you know if there are there any other aug07 brides here? petunia my bump goes all weird too... thanks for the advice... I've def been neglecting the uisce... will have to drink more...
jarashow Posts: 3083
[quote="Mrs.KB":mdasexfx]smileybride, you're right... I was an aug07 bride too! CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy... it's great to see an old wollie on the P&B forum *) how is it going for you? Do you know if there are there any other aug07 brides here? petunia my bump goes all weird too... thanks for the advice... I've def been neglecting the uisce... will have to drink more...[/quote:mdasexfx] I'm here KB, how are you doing??? Congratulations on the bump and you too smiley. God it's so hard to remember everyone on here isn't it. I have this tightening too, thought it was just like at the start when you get bloated but a friend said it was BH... you would think I would know second time round!
Jarahow it's great to hear you're also on P&B.. and for the 2nd time! Congrats! I remember you guys had a Honeymoon baby... can hardly believe the weddings were almost 3 years ago now :ooh how are you finding the pregnancy this time around? It must be tough running around after a 1 year old... Even though the BH are the weirdest feeling, it's at least reassuring that everything is moving along :o)ll
It's grand really. Just tired, but not sure I was any less tired the last time, you get used to running on less. DD is great, getting very bossy though and the only issue is lifting her when she decides she wants to be carried around, otherwise it's not too bad. How are you getting on? Have you organised all your bits yet or are you holding off another while?
PM'd you jarashow...
smileybride Posts: 205
great to hear from u KB, I was thinking Jarashow was Aug 07 too but wasn't sure - wonder how the rest of the girls are getting on? ! good luck with the last few weeks, no doubt we'll bump into each other on the threads again soon :o0
[quote="smileybride":2wy2h08s]great to hear from u KB, I was thinking Jarashow was Aug 07 too but wasn't sure - wonder how the rest of the girls are getting on? ! good luck with the last few weeks, no doubt we'll bump into each other on the threads again soon :o0[/quote:2wy2h08s] Are you on the June thread Smiley? I went with July as went 15 days over the last time. Due the 29th, but he said that he would only let me go till 7th July this time round and then bring me in for a section if nothing doing... at least I have an end date is how I am looking at it!