Braxton Hicks - can someone describe?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littledolly Posts: 393
Girls I have been getting sensations which are like a tightening of my bump and the bump itself goes all out in the middle. I only really get them now and then, and they last less than a minute. At first, I thought they were the baby turning round and facing outwards (as opposed to lying across), but now I think they might be Braxton Hicks. Can someone describe what they feel like to me, so I know if they are what I am experiencing? Thanks!
jen2 Posts: 3106
Yeah that sounds like them alright. They are not really painful, just a little uncomfortable. They get a bit stronger as you get bigger. Well mine did. Jen2
littledolly Posts: 393
Thanks Jen! I wasn't worried or anything, just wanted to know what they were. You're right that they aren't sore, just a bit uncomfortable. I tend to get them when I am still - like sitting in work or lying in bed - but I know they will probably become more frequent and stronger as time goes on.
luigi Posts: 867
[quote="littledolly":1x6shwwm]Girls At first, I thought they were the baby turning round and facing outwards (as opposed to lying across), but now I think they might be Braxton Hicks. [/quote:1x6shwwm] Thats exactly what I thought mine were too until I finally worked out near the end that it was the braxtons. I thought it was DS moving or putting his feet up near my ribs, but it was B-Hicks. :wv
Skippy Posts: 1834
Hi Girls, can you tell me where exactly you get the sensation? i.e is it above your belly button or below or is it all over your bump? I had a funny sensation last night which was different from all other movements but only last a few seconds. It was only below my BB and I thought it was the baby turning around but also kind of felt like a lot of pressure. I just had one again this evening. I am just a bit worried as I have had to have an internal last week because I was worried I was leaking fluid. The Obst on call last week did an internal exam and said all was fine but my own Obst today said he thought my tum was a bit small (try sleeping with it says I!) and is sending me for a scan but that's not until next friday 1st June. My midwife was there too and they asked me if I had had any BH. I said not that I had noticed and they were very relieved to hear that cause it means it's less likely I am going into early labour (god forbid). But now I think I might have been having them but just not realised. I thought they were unmissable. Why can't these things be more obvious? Also has anyone else had any leaking of fluid at this point (28 Weeks) (Obst was calling it the hindwater) Thanks ladeeeeessssssss.