Braxton Hicks driving me mental!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maviscruet Posts: 73
Hi ladies just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom? I am 39 + 4 on my first pregnancy. For the last 3 weeks I have been having a pretty tough time with general period type pain and also Braxton Hicks. Spent the small hours of last night watching TV as I couldn't sleep through them, got a few hours sleep and now they have started again. Last time I was in, the hospital said baby is fully engaged as a result of all this activity but no idea when it will happen... I am pretty head wrecked at this stage, is anyone else experiencing this? Friends with babies have told me that on their first they didn't have this, they just went into labour...I would love for it to kick off!!
rubymoon Posts: 756
[quote="maviscruet":1ob1z3s5]Hi ladies just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom? I am 39 + 4 on my first pregnancy. For the last 3 weeks I have been having a pretty tough time with general period type pain and also Braxton Hicks. Spent the small hours of last night watching TV as I couldn't sleep through them, got a few hours sleep and now they have started again. Last time I was in, the hospital said baby is fully engaged as a result of all this activity but no idea when it will happen... I am pretty head wrecked at this stage, is anyone else experiencing this? Friends with babies have told me that on their first they didn't have this, they just went into labour...I would love for it to kick off!![/quote:1ob1z3s5] Hi, am having the exact same thing so I feel your pain (literally). I was so sure I was going into labour on Tuesday night as had awful contractions all evening that were 6-8 minutes apart. I thought they were different to bh as they started from the back and went around the front. So I went to bed and found it hard to sleep with the pains. I eventually slept, woke up in the morning and not a pain in sight. Haven't really had a pain since either. My baby's head is engaged also. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow! My son (10) came 10 days early and my daughter (2) was 5 weeks early so this waiting game is all new to me! I reckon we must be close now though and its just getting ready to go! We will know when we are having the real thing though as they won't stop and will just keep getting closer and stronger. Hang in there!!!
mamajen Posts: 2263
I'm with you, having pains all the time but nothing coming from them. I'm due tomorrow, dying for something to happen!
maviscruet Posts: 73
Sorry to hear you are going through it too but it's kind of reassuring to know am not alone!! Hopefully things will progress soon for all of us :)