Braxton Hicks - none?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mommy2Two Posts: 704
I'm 33 +1 today and haven't yet got any Braxton Hicks. Never had them on DD either so don't know what they feel like - but I assume I'd know if I had? What does this mean do ye think? Wonder if it's cos baby is breech and has been since 18 weeks, so uterus doesn't know to get ready?! Or am I totally over thinking this!
lush11 Posts: 2877
I never felt Braxton Hicks with my son either, havent a clue what it feels like. I went 7 days over. They say they are practice pains but i definitely didnt get them.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We were told in physio AN that some people are lucky and don't feel them - some of the books describe them as silent contractions! Mine are getting stronger as the weeks go by but the odd time they're not too sore and basically just feels like my bump tensing up!
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Mine aren't sore, and never were with DD, so tbh, I never realised what I was getting with DD was BH,and I only copped this time round :-8 For me they feel like my bump (or weirdly, parts of it) get tight almost as if the baby is pushing against it and stretching it. Sorry, probably sounds mad, it's hard to explain! Towards the end with DD, like 37/38weeks I was getting pains in the tops of my thighs, like I get when I'm really tired and achey, and the consultant said they were BH too.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I don't know if I've had any. I'm 30 weeks. Sometimes my bump feels a lot tighter than usual and its almost like its frozen still but then goes back to normal. Would that be BH? I never feel sore, just a tight feeling.
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
[quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":bpjqungt]I don't know if I've had any. I'm 30 weeks. Sometimes my bump feels a lot tighter than usual and its almost like its frozen still but then goes back to normal. Would that be BH? I never feel sore, just a tight feeling.[/quote:bpjqungt] Sounds like what I get that I think are BH!
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
i never had them and had to be induced 12 days over and have every possible medical intervention (some x3) before DS came so am thinking my body was just clueless about the whole thing. really hope things are different this time!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":365k0cql]I don't know if I've had any. I'm 30 weeks. Sometimes my bump feels a lot tighter than usual and its almost like its frozen still but then goes back to normal. Would that be BH? I never feel sore, just a tight feeling.[/quote:365k0cql] Yep, that's them ACS! Mine are quite sore at the top of my bump but I put that down to my fundal height being a few weeks ahead of my EDD so there's nowhere for the pressure to go :o0
Chubbums Posts: 699
[quote="ohsotired":1h7dq9pc][quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":1h7dq9pc]I don't know if I've had any. I'm 30 weeks. Sometimes my bump feels a lot tighter than usual and its almost like its frozen still but then goes back to normal. Would that be BH? I never feel sore, just a tight feeling.[/quote:1h7dq9pc] Yep, that's them ACS! Mine are quite sore at the top of my bump but I put that down to my fundal height being a few weeks ahead of my EDD so there's nowhere for the pressure to go :o0[/quote:1h7dq9pc] This is what I've been wondering too....so now I know :o0 Thanks ohsotired :thnk
Mommy2Two Posts: 704
Mmm, don't really think I've been having those feelings - must pay closer attention to any tightening. Sometimes I do say my bump feels sore, maybe that's them! Baby blabber - that's what I'm afraid of!! I seem to suck at being pregnant, first time having a placenta determined to starve my poor baby. Now baby breech & uterus not copping on!! :-) Hopefully not!