Breach and Going Early

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kittysue Posts: 1016
I'm 33 weeks and my baby is in the breach position. I know he/she could turn in a few weeks but I'm just wondering is there any chance of me going into labour early because of this. My Doctor did tell me that if the baby didn't turn I would have to have a C-Section........
under construction Posts: 3458
My baby was breach (though i didn't know this, was told head was down from 31 weeks), my waters went on my due date (which i didn't know - haha you must be thinking how thick is she, but never got the big gush you see in all the movies). So only found out at 2 days over and was taken in immediately for a section. So :o0 :o0 long answer but no it doesn't neccessarily mean you will go early yourself but they might bring you in just before your due date to section you if they keep an eye on the position
Perci Posts: 3847
I went in for an ecv at 37wks to turn my breech baby but his bum was so low in my pelvis that it had actually engaged and the consultant couldn't attempt to lift him out. I was booked in for a section a few days later but the consultant did think I would have gone into labour early because he was so low. He just told me that if I was having contractions to go into the hospital immediately and tell them baby was breech.
CarolSpring07 Posts: 62
Hi kittysue I was told that my baby was breech (transverse) for 3 consultants visits in a row from 31 weeks on and c section was being mentioned so I decided I'd try every trick in the book to get the baby moving! I took a homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla, had 3 sessions of acupuncture and did loads of exercises at home, massaging my bump, putting a torch on my pelvis and the iPod to encouraging the baby's head to move down. I was delighted when the baby's head was down at 35 weeks and it has stayed that way. Apparently the ECV procedure works well for some breech babies but sometimes the baby goes back into breech position. Hope this helps - best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy. C
firefly78 Posts: 312
hi, i'm due in 2 weeks today and my baby is breech. Was in HS on monday for the ECV but unsuccessful, it was very uncomfortable but was willing to try it as really don't want a section. afterwards that they monitor the babys heart to make sure everything is ok. I'm booked for section on 27th(2 days before due date) unless baby moves before then but doubtfull at this stage as not much room too move anywhere, doc said to me they will still check me next week to see if any movement so it is still possible at this late stage. don't think breech baby means u could go into labour early though so don't worry.
july7812 Posts: 1787
I found out my little man was breech sometime around the 26 wk mark (exact dates a bit fuzzy now) & was told he would probably turn. I had a number of scans after that, as had placenta & vasa previa & he never turned. I was taken in at 35 wks for an elective c-section because I have previous history of pre-term labour (2 other boys both born at 36 wks) & also was having threatening pre-term labour again & they didn't want to take any chances. As there was the added complications I'd say that was the reason's I was sectioned early & because of the previous early births - not because he was breech though. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy & I'm sure your LO will turn :-8
spanish mum Posts: 2468
[quote="CarolSpring07":1rn1o02w]Hi kittysue ...and did loads of exercises at home, massaging my bump, putting a torch on my pelvis and the iPod to encouraging the baby's head to move down. I was delighted when the baby's head was down at 35 weeks and it has stayed that way. C[/quote:1rn1o02w] well done carol springs. can i ask what exercises you did? i have tried one where my head shoulders and chest is on the bed and my bum in the air, 15min at a time every 2 waking hours. what others are there? where abouts exactly did you put your torch? what did the music do? sorry to sound so naive, but i am 34 weeks and baby just turned breexh so am only now looking into what i can do naturally to turn him. many thanks, SB x
spanish mum Posts: 2468
well, my baby is still breech and am almost 39 weeks now. Just wondering how you ladies got on with your births. did your babies turn or did you have a c-section? Hope all worked out for you girls.... SB