breach at 35+ weeks??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lovemyboy Posts: 641
hey girls, just wondering have any of ye been breach at 35 + weeks and baby still turned? Had hospital earlier and they said baby is frank breach, she said chances are it wont turn at this stage, they are seeing me in 2 weeks ill be 37+1 at that stage and they will offer to do an ecv(externally trying to move baby) which i dont think i like the idea of as there are multiple risks and she didnt seem to keen either to promote it so suggested it will be a planned section at 39 weeks. kinda thinking what will be will be, hate the thought of a section recovery though!! :o(
jelly beans Posts: 170
hi babyontheway if you scroll down abit there's a post from a wollie (roxet) asking about the evc procedure for turning babies, few of the replies might be helpful!
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Not quite breach but I was transverse up to 37+ weeks, baby was lying across me with legs out to my right and head to the left. They discussed the possibility of section with me and I wasn't happy!! One day I woke up and my bump just had a completely different shape to it so knew she had moved, doc confirmed the next day.
Lovemyboy Posts: 641
thanks so much girls appreciate the responses :o)ll
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
DD was breech until 36+ weeks, so I had a session of accupuncture and moxa and it worked a treat, she turned the next day! I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'd highly recommend giving it a try. There are lots of ideas on www.spinningbabies.com too.
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Yes and I went for acupuncture and she turned.