Breast feeding scarf/ sling

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lauri Posts: 195
Hi girl, Im going to give breast feeding a gobut I'm a little shy but I really want to try and breast feed but I'm looking for a good and easy to use scarf or a sling can anyone recommend one and where to get it?????? *)
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
I have the moby wrap which is supposed to be ideal for BF- you can get it on amazon uk and a few other UK sites (if you google it). Hipbaby (an Irish site) do a similar one called Kari me. Re scarves I have a good few pashmina's and even cheapy scarves from penny's- going to see how I get on with these first before buying specific BF ones. This one here looks good though: http://www.fayeandlou.co.uk/description-butterfly.html
jiminy cricket Posts: 56
A couple of nice cheapie scarves will do you - long for coverage and a light material so you don't overheat. Buy some cheap string vests too for under tops, pull bra and vest down and top up - cheap and easy. Once you have bf established you can look at investing in a good bf top,eg a boob design one.
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Lauri, I have this nursing cover and find it brilliant. Bring it everywhere with me and feed everywhere!! http://www.littledreamers.ie/index.php? ... ts_id=1570 best of luck, not long left for you now :o)ll :o)ll
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I agree on the Penney's scarves - most of them are huge now both in width & length & very cheap so if you don't have some already you can pick them up & be very stylish at the same time :o0
rats tails Posts: 548
I have a bebe au lait nursing cover that I'm selling. It's a black and white floral pattern and I bought it for 30 so selling for 15. It was never used. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures and I don't have a lap top but I've an I phone so if you want to pm your number I can send on a picture. I'm based in swords but can't post
cactusflower Posts: 46
I just got one from www.peekabooboo.co.uk It's stiff round the neckline so I can see my baby when she's feeding and nice and wide so everything is covered. Looks as though it's the same type of idea as the bebe au lait ones. I love mine!
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
OP just to let you know there is a flash sale on tomorrow on bounty uk website on the faye and lou butterfly- you might need a UK address though.
Lauri Posts: 195
Hi girls, Thanks for all the tips think I'll take a trip to penny's or have a look at the back of the wardrobe!!! Rats tails thanks for the offer your very good but I'm living in Cork thanks again ladies :thnk
BusyMom Posts: 717
[quote="jiminy cricket":24eaf04q]A couple of nice cheapie scarves will do you - long for coverage and a light material so you don't overheat. Buy some cheap string vests too for under tops, pull bra and vest down and top up - cheap and easy. Once you have bf established you can look at investing in a good bf top,eg a boob design one.[/quote:24eaf04q] +1 on this, Pennys is great for scarves n spaghetti string tops. Another thing I found great, especially initially, was re-using my bump bands which I wore while pregnant with my DS. I could then wear a top that need to be pulled up, btu without the need to pull down a vest top or whatever. Keeps your tummy covered too which was nice as I was very conscious of my flabby tummy after the birth! I also found puke rags great for covering up, some brands were better than others thou, ikea ones were the best in my experience! Throw one over your shoulder and sort the baby out underneath it!