breastfeeding - changes to your boobs!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Crostini Posts: 1105
for all you seasoned mammies out there, how did breastfeeding effect your boobs? did they go back to normal or did they go saggy etc? have seen some terrible pics of boobs that were basically like empty bags after BF'ing! and others that look fine.
littlechick Posts: 758
bump
neeov Posts: 4256
I've heard that most of the damage is done in pregnancy by not wearing good bras. I've been feeding for 4 weeks now and it does not seem to have any impact on my boobs, they fill up with milk and are a bit bigger than normal, when baby has fed they look and feel like normal pre pregnancy. My nipples are giant but they are supposed to go back to a more normal size. Fingers crossed. I don't really care anyhow, I am so proud of myself for persevering with breastfeeding.
mamabelle Posts: 1101
Mine look like nora batty's tights! But they did before too :o0
Toots12 Posts: 894
even though my bra size didn't change, my boobs definitely were much bigger and fuller while bf'ing.... I'm sorry to say that now though, they feel a little smaller than before I got pg (they were never that big to start with!)... I'm still wearing a 34B though, just not filling my bra like I used to unfortunately.... And a couple of my friends have noticed exactly the same thing - good news for the bigger busted girls who wanted them to be a bit smaller anyway, but not so great for us small-chested women!!
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Sorry to say but yes, for me anyway, bf'ing did make my boobs less firm afterwards. It's a terrible thing. I'm normally a 38B, went up to 40DD when I was bf and then back kinda to my normal size, before I got pg again. I really didn't like my boobs though after I finished bf, my friend said the same about her boobs too. They jsut weren't as firm as before, not necessarily overly saggy, just less firm. The things we sacrifice for our children!
mummytime Posts: 3149
I breastfed for 6 months and tbh i think they have gone back to normal. can't really see much difference in them. maybe i didn't have great boobs to begin with :o0 i was 34 B/C before pregnancy. was 34G while breastfeeding and now i am back to 34 B/C
Mrs J Posts: 387
I breastfed for 8 months and continued on and off for another 3 months until I finally got DD off! I went up 2 cup sizes in pregnancy and stayed that way whilst feeding though in the early days of feeding, they felt absolutley massive/full before a feed.I have stayed at my pregnacy size and DD will be 2 next week so not saggy but not quite as firm as pre-baby. Now 13 weeks pregnant though so firming up rightly again!