Breastfeeding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Just wondering how many of you were thinking of bfing? They asked me this at my last visit, and now i've been asked to think about it seriously i honestly don't know how i feel about it... 1. Depending on how long they will keep me on the aspirin, i may not even be allowed to bf... 2. I know i wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of anyone... apart from DH of course... but surely i can't be thinking like that if babs is hungry, babs needs fed no matter where or who i'm with.... I love the idea of it, and am totally loving the idea of the extra bonding with babs, but honestly don't think i'd have the confidence to do it! What about rest of you?
kittysue Posts: 1016
I definitly would like to BF.....but like you don't want to pull out a titty in front of anyone... I'm even thinking ...when I'm in the hospital with the baby and I'm BF... I would die if my Father walked in and he would be embarrassed too. Would only like to do it for a few months coz I think I'd be craving a glass of wine........and 9 months is a long time
sorry - double post
workingmom Posts: 3429
I have very mixed feelings on it TBH, I think that I might try it, if it works great, if not then at least I tried. I'd also be more into expressing than BF too.
yeah i'm the same as yourself... definately could NOT do it in front of my dad actually..... don't even think i could do it infront of my mom!!!! I guess it's to do with the way we think of breasts.. i always associate them with being 'sexual' so maybe I'm the one at fault... don't know!!! :-8 :-8
shootingstar Posts: 1340
Im def going to try an BF for the first few weeks! As well as the beneifts that it gives the baby, it burns an extra 500 calories a day! So that is my incentive to shift my baby weight!! The main reason is for the babys health and happiness... But it has this added bonus!!! Friends of mine have done it and say that it is tuff but weel worth it! As for pulling them out infront of people! I hope to express as much as i can and freeze them so as not to have that embarrassing problem!?
but you know when you express your milk for say feeding your baby in public and stuff....will the baby switch from breast to bottle without any problems..
i think you can do both if bf is firmly established... not 100% sure though :eek
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
I hope to try it but if it's as painful and hard as some mums make it out to be then I'll stop. I won't be made feel guilty about it either. BTW, I too would die if my Dad came in to the hospital and saw me. I was even mortified telling him that I was pregnant cos now he knows for sure that DH and I have had sex :o0
[quote="MrsJayKay":2t5orrm5]I hope to try it but if it's as painful and hard as some mums make it out to be then I'll stop. I won't be made feel guilty about it either. BTW, I too would die if my Dad came in to the hospital and saw me. I was even mortified telling him that I was pregnant cos now he knows for sure that DH and I have had sex :o0[/quote:2t5orrm5] oh thank god i'm not the only freak!!!!!!!!!!!! I was even more mortified telling in laws though, as they are older than my paretns, so i sent DH down to tell them!!! I couldn't look at them in the eye for a few weeks... what a prude i am!!!!!!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0