Menu

Bridal Show RDS - September

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dipsy80 Posts: 1038
Hi Just wondering if anyone had been to one of these bridal shows in the past and if they found it helpful. Have nothing booked or even decided on. Might go abroad or might stay at home. Change my mind as often as the weather. O:| :o0 I was considering going to this years show but wasn't sure if it would confuse me more or clarify things. Thanks
rubies Posts: 1375
It's nice to go along to one but I wouldn't be changing my hols over it. I went to the one in Citywest and the RDS. I think the one in Citywest was better but saying that I didn't actually book anyone that was at either of them.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
I found them worth going to even if you think there is no way I'd do that or hve that for my wedding - there is some good discounts to be gotten at these fairs too! *)
bridetobe2009 Posts: 1423
Hi, I went to the wedding fair in the RDS in January and was really disappointed with it, I thought it would have been better.I regretted that I didnt go to the one in Citywest, that one is meant to be really good.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I went to the RDS one the last 2 septembers. I heard the one in January isnt great (it was suppliers who told me that). I was also at the citywest one which I found totally useless. I liked the RDS the first year cos I had nothing booked except the venue. All I booked at it was the cars, invites, and cake. I got great discounts, but the best thing was I was able to decide what I DIDNT want in my wedding, which made it easier to decide what I DID want. IYKWIM
jess08 Posts: 481
I found it great for ideas, you can bring a friend/mammy and go around saying i like/dont like that. It helps you and your friends to get an idea of what your style is. But i found everyone there really expensive. After each show i went home and looked on line for things i liked and found them MUCH cheaper. I know the suppliers say they give you X% off at the show, but i think only the more expensive suppliers go there!! hth
Wedding Print
marianf Posts: 5845
If you have lots of things still to sort then the fairs are good but if you have most things sorted, then they are a waste of money IMO. Equally if you are not someone who can make an on the spot decision then they probably arent for you either.
Twirler Posts: 1644
I went to the ones in Citywest and the RDS in January and found it really helpful. I didn't actually book anything there but I got a lot of ideas.