Bridal undies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Leftbank Posts: 2395
Hi girls I went and bought this fab basque to hold me in on the day and when i tried it on with my dresss u could totally see it thru the dress, i wont be wearing that now at all so i need to get a bra that will push my chest up, no support on the dress, also need some undies to tuck in my tummy that will not show thru. All ideas welcome pls
Minnie10 Posts: 686
OMG, this is me....... I had bought a basque in debenhams and some lovely pants for my dress fitting last week but when the lady in the shop seen it she said no you will see it under the dress. So i went to a shop in the town they recommended and just got a push up padded bra (cos i have no chest) and then went to debenhams during the week and got the waist and tummy pully in nickers. They really makd a difference, but i will be taking them off after the meal. HTH :wv
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Hi Minnie Thanks for reply. What colour did u get for the knickers and bra? My dress is off white but there is 6 layers of sheer material..
Yonka Posts: 148
I went to peaches & cream in town and ended up getting one of those new ultimate wonderbras they're strapless and really give u great lift. U can get them in House of Fraser as well I paid €50 for mine and I already had my thong & garter so I was delighted!
errigal08 Posts: 1302
hi girls,have you tried spanx? they are the knickers from the gods :o0 the best thing i ever got..if you havent tried them DO
buddylove Posts: 3288
Debenhams have those ultimate wonderbras... They were on sale there a few weeks ago too.. I have a large chest and they didn't look great on me but I wasn't in the form for trying on either so that could have been half the problem. Loads of people swear by them though. My friend swears by the Trinny & Suzanna hold in knickers and says they are better than the spanx. Both again in Debenhams so worth going there.
ros33 Posts: 202
oooh no hope you didn't pay too much for the basque? I am worried about this too my dress is satiny so must inspect it when i go try it on. Ya i tried on one of those ultimate wonderbras (i got fitted) but i found it uncomfortable i am very small though so that may have gone against me!
queen30 Posts: 1551
whereabouts is Peaches and Cream?
Minnie10 Posts: 686
Hi g4june, I got skin coloured pants and bra......... got the pants in debenhams with 20% off!!!! :o)ll
Jen83 Posts: 176
[quote="Yonka":26rvyofs]I went to peaches & cream in town and ended up getting one of those new ultimate wonderbras they're strapless and really give u great lift. U can get them in House of Fraser as well I paid €50 for mine and I already had my thong & garter so I was delighted![/quote:26rvyofs] +1 for house of fraser - Their tummy tuckers are amazing !!