Bride Fires Bridesmaid for Being Overweight - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Commonsense Posts: 145
These are not even my friends They are HIS friends, so I have to put up with the crap All his friends know about it - but are like, the blokes dont care either way blah blah blah And ' why dont you let it know' type >:o( I then had to meet up with them afew times V uncomfortable - she then went to HUG me goodbye :eek Some people just deserve all the Karma coming to them :babydust:
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Oh dont mind them - get married when you want, they are the ones that will come out of it looking bad!
mrspants Posts: 4652
I wouldn't let anyone TELL me when i can get married, do ye're own thing and don't mind them.
dexavia Posts: 242
[quote="hotpants":m1faud7r]I wouldn't let anyone TELL me when i can get married, do ye're own thing and don't mind them.[/quote:m1faud7r] that said i tell tell FBIL that him and his W2B couldn't get married with in two weeks of us cos we would be on honeymoon and wanted to be there :)
Commonsense Posts: 145
[quote="dexavia":1wnezwr6][quote="hotpants":1wnezwr6]I wouldn't let anyone TELL me when i can get married, do ye're own thing and don't mind them.[/quote:1wnezwr6] that said i tell tell FBIL that him and his W2B couldn't get married with in two weeks of us cos we would be on honeymoon and wanted to be there :)[/quote:1wnezwr6] You missed a beat there You could of gotten cheaper suppliers (some) and honeymoon also if bumper package :o)ll
buttons26 Posts: 53
I got married in december, this year. i had 3 bridemaids and to be honest the only thing i cared about was that they were there, my sister dyed her hair bright red a week before and it didn't bother me one bit, there all healthy happy girls and i had the best day of my life. remember why you asked them it wasnt because you wanted to give them a poor body image was because they mean a lot to you.x :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Miss Slim Posts: 49
[quote="sugarandspice":3sb0z1vi]there was a thread not so long ago in 'let off steam' from a girl who's bestfriend didnt ask her to be her BM. It was always assumed that would be the case and the bride was due to be this girl's BM. Anyway she found out from another friend that it was because she was overweight. Really shocking. It's crazy how cruel people can be[/quote:3sb0z1vi] Hi that was me :-8 Changed my name as it was too similar to my real name. So sorry I never got back to update on it. Well what a shallow cow my so called best friend turned out to be. She tried contacting me a few times since then but Ive just blanked her. Apartantly she was so upset and couldnt understand why I wasnt talking to her???? I bumped into her and the cousin -the bm a couple of weeks later in town and I just kept walking, my friend called out my name a few times but I kept going and went into a clothes shop. Next thing about 10mins later I felt my arm being pulled - the cousin - she goes "Did you not hear us calling you, y'know your making things really difficult for x (my friend)" I said excuse me but "I'M" making things difficult??? So I bascially told them exactly what I thought of the situation, how I was supposed to be BM etc etc and the cousin pipes up "Sure x didnt want to embarass you by bringing you dress shopping and nothing fitting you" :ooh My friend looked very uncomfortable when she said that so I said "Oh so it was true"?? Lots of emming and aahhhing so I just said "Look, best of luck with your wedding but dont ever contact me again, just pretend I dont exist and vice versa" and I stormed off. COWS!!! TBH I think the cousin has alot to do with it, she's really loud and has a strong opinion on everything - Id say it was her that put it into her head. Plus she has moved up to our area - I think I heard she left the husband but not after she bled him dry. Anyway since then I have lost nearly 2 and a half stone - have about another stone and half to go - and if only one good thing came out of this then its giving me the push to lose the weight and be healthy. I recently went to a charity dinner dance thingy and wore a fab dress etc really went all out as I felt fab and my photo ended up in the local paper. I heard through my friends that x friend nearly fell off the chair when she seen it and kept saying "god she has lost sooo much weight - well ha ha Im gonna have the last laugh. Ive also heard that she asked another friend to be BM and she turned her down - alot of them arent bothering with her now. I would never have believed this actually happened only it happened to me. The laughing part is what photos usually end up in a frame on the wall? Just you and your h2b so who cares how anyone else looks!
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
Wow Mrs Slim - slim in name & nature. Yippeeeeeeeeeeee How did you do it ??
Miss Slim Posts: 49
[quote="BlossomHill":2bgursed]Wow Mrs Slim - slim in name & nature. Yippeeeeeeeeeeee How did you do it ??[/quote:2bgursed] Thanks I thought the name would be fitting! Weight Watchers and the gym - Im so determined when I set my mind to something!
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
[quote="Miss Slim":1o50wza1] So I bascially told them exactly what I thought of the situation, how I was supposed to be BM etc etc and the cousin pipes up "Sure x didnt want to embarass you by bringing you dress shopping and nothing fitting you" :ooh My friend looked very uncomfortable when she said that so I said "Oh so it was true"?? Lots of emming and aahhhing so I just said "Look, best of luck with your wedding but dont ever contact me again, just pretend I dont exist and vice versa" and I stormed off. COWS!!! [/quote:1o50wza1] What beeatches :eek :eek >:o( Well done on the weight loss, that's fantastic. Clearly you dont need people like that dragging you down. Onwards and upwards my friend!