Menu

Bride's Dress .. is it true?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jellywellies Posts: 2268
Is it true that lace is all in and will be for next year??? I don't honestly see myself wearing a lacey number ... lol
CYD Posts: 23
A couple of my (married) friends say that if they could have changed one thing about their dresses it would have been to have lace. Not necessarily a dress covered in lace but some lace. The dress I'm thinking of having made features a small amount of lace but as the dress is otherwise quite plain I think it adds a little oomph to it. If you'd told me a year ago I'd be looking at a dress with lace I'd have laughed out loud, thought it wasn't me at all.
havemovedon Posts: 2013
[quote="*jelly*":3nco8p2a]Is it true that lace is all in and will be for next year??? I don't honestly see myself wearing a lacey number ... lol[/quote:3nco8p2a] No idea, but I'd never buy a wedding dress because it's in fashion! I love lace, although didn't go for a lace dress myself. I don't think it ever went out of fashion!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
jelly- my dress was all lace too PM me if you want to see a picture. I also never would have put myself in a lace dress but once I tried this one I just knew it was the one for me!!
perfection Posts: 837
first i heard...most of the 2010 collections ihave saw seem to me to have a lot of ruffles... i think lace is an all rounder...its never realy out of fashion... i do lllooovvveee a bit a lace though
jellywellies Posts: 2268
Was just wondering .. I suppose I will see when I go looking to see what suits!!
too soft Posts: 518
http://www.destaffordbridal.ie/uploads/ ... 8-7259.jpg[url][/url] this is my lace wedding dress girls fell in love the minute i tryed in other materials really fattered your figure but this was my dream dress
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
hmmm... depends who you talk to... from reading magazine articles with shop owners, it's moving away from lace, some light gossamer overlay is seen, but ruffles are big in 2010 apparently... also, a move towards bit more volume, 2009 was the year of the slinky profile supposedly! not a fan of lace myself.. I found it very heavy and just didn't suit my personality at all each to their own!!
abouttimebride Posts: 368
yes apparantly vintage lace is all in. I didnt think it would be for me either but it was - with a modern twist. Its timeless and elegant.
newyear09wife Posts: 899
Lace doesnt necessarily mean the kind of ~"doilie" image mosty of us conjure up when we think lace. I always resolutley said I "dont like lace" but still ended up with a dress that featured hand made lace and it was exactly me! Never choose a dress soley because its in fashion because you dont necessarily want people to be able to look at your wedding pics in 20 or 30 years time and say oh that was in the late noughties or early tens as such and such was in. Lets face it most of us have seen a pic of an 80's bride who looked more like a toilet roll cover than a bride bacuse she went with the puffsleeves and shoulder pads of the time.. go with something classic and more importantly something that suits your personality! and enjoy the experience of shopping!