bridesmaid colour to match bride

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WACCAWACCA Posts: 2
HI all I'm getting married in March and just got my dress. Its ivory. I had been thinking of a yellow bridesmaid dress,, but now I,m not sure. My bridesmaid is blond, blue eyes and quite pale skin. I'm sallow with brown hair. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you
loveslegacy Posts: 208
Hi There I think yellow probably will wash out your bm if she is fair haired. You could try a canary yellow and see how that works. Otherwise try a midnight blue or if you want a lighter colour lilac possibly. Hope this helps
WACCAWACCA Posts: 2
Thanks for your help loveslegacy. Its much appreciated
miss may b Posts: 528
I'm blonde with blue eyes and yellow looks terrible on me, your BM might be different depending on her skin tone but there are a lot better colours for blondes....
miss may b Posts: 528
I'm blonde with blue eyes and yellow looks terrible on me, your BM might be different depending on her skin tone but there are a lot better colours for blondes....
MrsPL2012 Posts: 54
One of my BM is blonde, the other two have black hair so you can't get much differant. I am going for a burnt orange colour. The Alfred Angelo site lets you see different colours in each dress style, try the one below as the model is blonde. The colour tab is to the left beside Details (it took me a while to find it :-8 ) Keep in mind whether your BM will have tan on but personally I think light colours can make you look a little washed out unless you have tan on.
petersgirl Posts: 1568
I would take a look at the colours she generally wears in everyday life, as people often pick the colours that suit them best. I personally think stronger colours look better on pale skin rather than pastel shades
Peaches and Cream Posts: 154
Hi, You want the whole look so you dont want your bridemaid to look washed out. With blonde hair greens, purples, blue and reds are great. If you can get any of these to complement her colouring bearing in mind your colouring and flowers etc you'll be onto a winner. Look at the Dessy group. They have lots of colours and you might see a blond model and see a colour that might be nicer. Good Luck, GC