bridesmaid diff style of shoes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsCotobe Posts: 95
I am having difficulty in getting bridemaid shoes that all of bridesmaids are able to wear. do you think they all need to be the same or would 3 pair the same and 1 pair different be ok - although they all will be the same colour.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Are their dresses long or short? I like to see BM's with a bit of thier own personality thrown in and shoes are a great way to do that. Plus they need to be comfortable for such a long day. The only thing I would say is that they should be all different IYKWIM? Having 3 in one pair and then one different shows off that you tried to have them all matching but couldn't.
trishmc Posts: 311
I don't think it matters . I'm not sure people notice these things . Would never occur to me to have them in same shoes . I agree with daisy row . Nice to have bit of individuality . Also comfort is so important and it's more likely they will be comfortable if they pick their own shoes
Char27 Posts: 376
All 3 of mine wore 3 different types and no one noticed at all. Its too hard to match sizes/heel height etc sometimes so I say go for it
MrsCotobe Posts: 95
ohh would you believe it I never thought of putting them all in diff shoes! I think I like that idea! Yes the dresses are all long so it is not going to matter to much as people wont be seeing that much of the shoes! Plus the one who is different is the MOH so was thinking actually it would be ok to have her in different shoes to mark her out?
Fruice Posts: 677
It doesn't matter at all anyway but jeebus if they're in full length dress who cares what they wear, nobody will be bothering to look at all their feet for long enough to spot that they're different, and if they are it makes no difference anyway.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
Mine al had a different shoe that they were happy to wear. I gave them a budget and let them off to get their own. I had asked that they have silver sandles and that was it, they chose.
Pineapple11 Posts: 195
Mine have short dresses and different shoes (almost same colour but not quite same shade). I think it looks great when BM outfits have some personality and are not all mitchy-matchy!
Fruice Posts: 677
[quote="Pineapple11":uesnjgbq]Mine have short dresses and different shoes (almost same colour but not quite same shade).[b:uesnjgbq] I think it looks great when BM outfits have some personality and are not all mitchy-matchy![/b:uesnjgbq][/quote:uesnjgbq] Yep, I find it really odd seeing grown women with the same hairstyle/dress/shoes etc! Like some sort of bizarre twins/triplets dressed by their parents :o0
ladyjane123 Posts: 15
I think it's absolutely fine to have different shoes. After all, not every bridesmaid will want to wear the same size heels anyway.