Bridesmaid Gifts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

corkgirl2010 Posts: 231
Hi Girls, Just want to be ahead of myself and get some gifts for my bridesmaid, I heard of a friend of a friend who gave her girls a make up bag with their name on it and a dressing gown with their names on it, I thought it was a nice momento, anyone know where I could purchase these thanks
MrsGPants Posts: 835
Well you could get plain cloth make-up bags in Pennys/Dunnes and plain bathrobes and then customise them yourself using transfers. That would probably be the most economical approach. Try for the transfers, very reasonable and very fast delivery.
God that looks great, wonder how they turn out, I got a fab dressing gown in pennys last week in navy is so big and warm it would be fab if I could customise it, have you tried them?
MrsGPants Posts: 835
Yep, but i didnt get the customized ones with whatever name you want, i bought the ones that are generic e.g. 'Bridesmaid, Bride, Mother of the Bride etc' and they were great. The postal is cheap £1 i think and i had my transfers within 2 days. They turn out really well when you transfer them. They come with directions of how to use them, my only tip would be hold the iron on for longer than the instructions tell you, when i did the time they said not all the diamontes were transferring so i had to hold the iron on a bit longer - and hey presto perfect! :wv
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
i've gotten mine their jewellery (chain, earrings and bracelet) which is pearl, a mac lipgloss, a silver handbag for the day, a compact mirror with bridesmaid on it, a scented candle just from penneys and will get them jammies, a dressing gown cos i've those transfers for them too and slippers all for the night before.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I'm getting them each a bracelet that will go with their BM dresses.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="Xmas10bride":24zpx429]Well you could get plain cloth make-up bags in Pennys/Dunnes and plain bathrobes and then customise them yourself using transfers. That would probably be the most economical approach. Try for the transfers, very reasonable and very fast delivery.[/quote:24zpx429] I used this company on a recommendation from a wollie, could have been you Xmas10bride! i got a customized diamente one with mrs.DH on it and put it on a t shirt for the day after the wedding, it turned out brilliant and was cheap, fast delivery and easy to do
thanks so much girls Im delighted now!!