Menu

Bridesmaid shops - Galway/Mayo/Sligo

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

peaches2012 Posts: 9
Hi all, regular reader not so much poster! Have left it a wee bit late to go bridesmaid shopping between one thing or another and with just under 6 months to go need to get a move on. I was hoping that someone might be able to recommend shops in Galway/Mayo/Sligo as we plan on making a start this weekend. In your experience is are the shops worthwhile here or should we travel to Dub? Totally clueless so would be grateful for any recommendations at all. Also is it worth looking into buying online, I personally don't know anyone that has used lightinthebox or any of those other sites so am abit wary. Thanks in advance for any responses!
JayBird Posts: 217
Hi Peaches2012 :wv I've been to The Elegant Touch in Castlebar - they do bridesmaid dresses by JLM Couture, Ronald Joyce - and a few others. In Galway, there's Tracy Bridal, who do a lot of bridesmaid dresses. They're the only 2 places I've been to in the West! I'm going with Dessy dresses for my BM's and am thinking of ordering them with gownsales.com - it works out almost 2 dresses for the price I'd pay for one here :) You have to email them for a quote once you know what dress you're looking for - but I think it may take up to 14 weeks for them to deliver.... might want to bear that in mind! Again, I haven't looked at any other sites, so can't advise!! Good luck! :compress
peaches2012 Posts: 9
Thanks for your reply, will check out those shops and def that gownsales website as I've actually spotted a few fab dresses on dessy website, their stuff is gorgeous but really expensive. I was in Hickeys awhile back getting curtains (boring!) and saw that they stocked some dessy dresses, prices crazy though at over €300 per dress which is way too much IMO :ooh . Thanks again for reply and best of luch with your bmaid hunt!
Rosewater Posts: 372
The elegant touch in Castlebar has a good selection of dresses. There is a shop in Castlebar called Mimi ~ it's a pink shop on a side street ~ they have some nice dresses too. If you are in Sligo we went to Simone's on the main street ~ some nice stuff there too! Good luck you have loads of time don't worry!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Plus one for gownsales - if you're ordering dessy Id definitely recommend you go through them. Mine came in less than 3 months.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
There is also Belladonna and Mozarina in Galway
SAMM Posts: 70
[quote="peaches2012":ecjegqcd]Thanks for your reply, will check out those shops and def that gownsales website as I've actually spotted a few fab dresses on dessy website, their stuff is gorgeous but really expensive. I was in Hickeys awhile back getting curtains (boring!) and saw that they stocked some dessy dresses, prices crazy though at over €300 per dress which is way too much IMO :ooh . Thanks again for reply and best of luch with your bmaid hunt![/quote:ecjegqcd] Hiya..just wondering if you got sorted with your bridesmaid dresses and where did u get them?? i have tried Galway (tracy bridal & Mozarina)but was very disappointed with the quality of the dresses :o(
loveslegacy Posts: 208
HI Ladies I have a studio in Dromahair (20 min from Sligo), we have a nice selection of bm dresses if anyone would like to take a look. Nicola
SAMM Posts: 70
[quote="loveslegacy":32kzx2aq]HI Ladies I have a studio in Dromahair (20 min from Sligo), we have a nice selection of bm dresses if anyone would like to take a look. Nicola[/quote:32kzx2aq] Hiya Do you have a website??
loveslegacy Posts: 208
Hi, I do have a website. It is www.loveslegacy.ie. nicola