bridesmaid throwing hissy fit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Audrina Posts: 251
Hi, Sorry for the rant but have to vent it somewhere. My BM is not talking to me.!!! 4 months to wedding and tbh all she has done is cause hassle which I have tried to ignore. First we went dress shopping and she caused a scene in the shop cause I really liked a plain black dress but she wanted a fussy one which even the woman in shop said would not compliment my dress at all! Then my other bm tried on the dress and loved it and when i said it to her she said to go ahead and order it that she had changed her mind. So I go ahead and order it and when I told her she went mad saying I had not consulted her. I kept my cool and let it all go. Until she decided to change her hair majorly even though a few months back she told me not to worry that she wanted to do something drastic with her hair but would not do it before the wedding when I said I didnt care what she did she said that she would never do it until after as it was so drastic. She went and did it anyway which wouldnt bother me if she hadnt said about not doing it. She has complained about our choice of dj, our band, our invites....everything. I am not enjoying the build up to my wedding and I am at my wits end......... :o( :o( I know people have more important worries but I have a bm who is not talking to me and making the build up to our wedding a nightmare which is important to me.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Ignore her!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
You've gotten the dress you wanted so just relax. With regard to the hair, it's her head and you cannot tell her she can't do something she really wants. Also, even though it's kinda mean, she's entitled to have a different opinion of the various vendors you've picked. I'd let it slide because you'll only upset yourself with all this worry. Just remember that you've gotten the dress you really really wanted and you will have the overall look for the day that you want.
Mrs Unichick Posts: 1004
Try to ignore her and say that if she hasn't something positive to say to say nothing at all. My MOH has mentioned on a couple of occasions how small our dance floor is (which it isn't) but I just try and let it go over my head. Don't let her ruin your day. :thnk
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
Aww you poor thing :action32 , you dont need this on the build up to your Big Day, as the previous posters said, just ignore her..water off a ducks bum or is it back?? :hic It is your wedding at the end of the day so try not let her get to you.. :thnk
Audrina Posts: 251
Thanks for all the replies. I suppose if you knew this girl you would know that alot of it is intentional. I was told by so many people that she would do something drastic to get attention before the whole hair thing. I realise its her head and all and I would not be saying anything if she had not said a few months back' I would never do something drastic before your wedding as I would wait til after so dont worry'. Why say this if you think there is nothing wrong with it? Am trying to ignore it but now its been weeks since I have heard from her and how can I plan a wedding without my bm???
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
I would just take the bull by the horns and phone her. Make it up and just say to her she has annoyed you but just both of you will drop it now because things will just end up festering. Best of luck.
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Audrina just deep breath in and out. It doesn't matter what kind of person she is, you picked her for bridesmaid and I think that there's not a wollie on here that hasn't had a hairy moment or two with the people we've picked.
Leela14-02-09 Posts: 15
I think your bridesmaid is acting like a spoilt brat. And you need to seriously consider whether you still want her as a bridesmaid. Think forward to the morning of your wedding, is she going to be supportive and help you keep calm before your big day, or is she going to expect the attention to be on her.
carlow Posts: 432
[b:3j5kddkw]I suppose if you knew this girl you would know that alot of it is intentional. I was told by so many people that she would do something drastic to get attention before the whole hair thing[/b:3j5kddkw] so why did you pick her?????????????/