Bridesmaids at top table

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dill Posts: 1640
We're having 3 bridesmaids and had planned on having the chief BM on the top table, and the other two seated with their respective others on a normal table. Has anyone else done this or is would it be considered strange do you think???
july2009bride Posts: 532
It's YOUR day so anything goes O-O
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
I haven't seen it done before, but if its what you want I say go for it O-O
noc Posts: 1802
Makes sense to me. It's more important to have parents at the top table than BMs as far as I've heard so it would want to be a pretty big table to fit all of the BMs. Istn't it usually both sets of parents, the priest, B&G and bestman and CBM (i.e. 9 people)
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
I only had cbm and bestman at the top table with us.
old Posts: 493
My sister did this, so I was at the top table since I was CBM along with the best man and the other BM was at another family table. It worked perfectly. It would have been nice to sit with my partner - since we never seem to be able to sit together at weddings - but I didn't mind being on the top table (although I was grateful it wasn't one of the long tables on a stand)
Dill Posts: 1640
Thanks guys, have got a few negative reactions when i mentioned it (including from one of the BMs!!) so nice to hear its worked successfully for people noc that's exactly the setting we're thinking of... but 8 people as priest cant make it. thanks again! x Dill
Deise Bride Posts: 352
Am bridesmaid in 2 weeks time and thats what they are doing. Chief and best man at the top table. Think its great idea if the bridal party is a bit large
garran9 Posts: 4401
just my opnion but I would be offended if I was in the bridal party and not sitting at the top table
TheRock Posts: 265
we are doing that, just having the chief and best man at top with us and the others with their partners, there is no need for them at top table anyway. we would have 17 at top table otherwise!! parents are sitting together too. :wv