Bridesmaids Colours

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jdss Posts: 57
Hi All, I'm having a bit of silly moment. I'm trying to pick the colour for my bridesmaids. I really love brown suits for the groomsmen so its needs to complement that. At the moment I stuck on Teal. But I'm a huge Matthew McConaghy fan and recently re-watched The Wedding Planner. There is a scene in it where Jennifer Lopez is telling him that his wife to be has picked Teal for her bridesmaids and that this is a sign that the marriage will only last a few days. :eek I know that my marriage will last a lot longer than that (well fingers crossed) but I cant get it out of my head. I really want teal but I keep thinking of this scene. :-8 Any suggestions??????????? Or indeed any suggestions for colours that go well with brown suits?????????????
Sprocket Posts: 1671
Hi jdss, With brown you could have baby pink baby blue any shade of green orange cream (though prob not :eek ) soft yellow What time of year are you getting married, I would let that influence your decision a bit too. x
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I am going for a coral colour - half way between pink & peach, would complement brown perfectly/
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="jdss":2yz51tj4]Hi All, I'm having a bit of silly moment. I'm trying to pick the colour for my bridesmaids. I really love brown suits for the groomsmen so its needs to complement that. At the moment I stuck on Teal. But I'm a huge Matthew McConaghy fan and recently re-watched The Wedding Planner. There is a scene in it where Jennifer Lopez is telling him that his wife to be has picked Teal for her bridesmaids and that this is a sign that the marriage will only last a few days. :eek I know that my marriage will last a lot longer than that (well fingers crossed) but I cant get it out of my head. I really want teal but I keep thinking of this scene. :-8 Any suggestions??????????? Or indeed any suggestions for colours that go well with brown suits?????????????[/quote:2yz51tj4] My Friend had orange dresses to go with the brown suits and it looked fab really did. They didnt go for orange cravats they had goldie colour it really looked so well.
stick Posts: 1229
I love brown suits too, so my bridesmaids are wearing brown, we will pick a coloured head peice for them and match the tie of the grooms men. i was thinking of orange, or baby pink-h2b not keen on pink
SaraD08 Posts: 1795
I have chocolate brown for my bridesmaids.... they had beautifiul cream roses... went really well together... I have cream roses with these small berries that look chcocolate brown but are actually really deep red :) :o)ll