Bridesmaids dress getting a second outing!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

not too girly Posts: 400
Yay! Just got a mail from my sister and she's going to wear her bridesmaid dress tomorrow night!! :o)ll (6 weeks after the wedding!) So glad it will get another outing, makes it feel like it wasn't a waste of money for just one wear (not that it was, but you know what i mean). And she's worn the shoes lots of times (actually wore them to a couple of weddings before our wedding... she says it was to break them in... :o0 ) That's made my day now...
mandibee Posts: 305
That would make my day aswel!! I hate to think im spending so much money on dresses for them to never be worn again!! Hopefully one of my three girls will at least get to wear the shoes again
mandibee Posts: 305
Just reading back on that last post of mine... Dont mean to sound scabby but i think you follow wollies will know what i mean!!!! :o0
anonwithissues Posts: 254
Hi, picked my dresses so that the girls could wear them again and made sure they weren't too bridesmaidy. One of the girls is wearing it to a ball tonight. The other one probably will never wear it again. I'm also going to wear my bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding next month again afterwards. It's good to get more than one outing in them.
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I've been bridesmaid twice. The first time the bride asked for everything back, dress, shoes, even hair pieces..... I dont think I would've been able to wear it again anyway. Second time I got to keep the dress and shoes and have worn it to a ball O-O
anonwithissues Posts: 254
Asking for shoes back? That's nuts. :ooh
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
ya I kinda though it was a bit Irish. She made a big thing out of wanting them back, I presume to sell them but she never did sell them and that was 2 years ago now??