bridesmaids dress shopping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Hi girls! Haven't posted here in a while, I feel I've missed out on loads! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! Anyway I'd love to start the bridesmaid shopping this week. I'm in Kerry but could really travel anywhere in Munster with the girls. Where would you recommend going?? Do you need to book appointments for the bridesmaids too, or just call in??
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I'm bumping this up because I haven't got any response yet!!! :o( In particular if anyone knows of places to try in Limerick that would be great! Only have maids of honor in Castleisland on the list so far!
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
Hi dressto impress , when i went bridesmaid dress shopping i went to Virginias Bridal. They had a great range of dresses and the girls there were great to deal with. here is the website http://www.virginijasbridals.com/ There is Bliss bridal in Dooradoyle...http://www.blissbridal.ie/ http://www.aphroditebridalwear.com/brid ... smaid.html Butterfly Brides on Henry Street. I think with most places you need an appointment, good luck with your shopping! :wv
mrsdribbles Posts: 431
Hey!!!! Im in the same position!!! I have no idea! Ive seen dresses i like with the dessy collection and I kinda dont want to look at other ones! But i decided I was going to go to 3 different shops today as I had a day off! But the 3 shops were closed! :weep :weep :weep So i have to do it saturday week! :duh:
bibsy11 Posts: 125
Hey, Just letting you know that you do need app's for trying on bridesmaid dresses.. I did in the shops I went to anyway. Hope it goes well!!
meandmyman Posts: 116
Have u tried Gra mo Chroi in Rathmore. U need to make appointments with her tho. Its worth a look.
Thanks girls! I went shopping and got a bit of a fright! It takes 4 months for the dresses to arrive in most shops we tried, plus they suggested leaving an extra month for alterations!! I'm getting married in just over 5 months, so have to decide almost straight away!!! Thank God none of the girls are at all fussy, found a good few styles everyone liked. Only problem is trying to decide a colour, minty green or coral??
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
It's taken me a while to choose my bms so I am hoping to go to just one shop and order in same day! Neither of them are very picky so shouldn't take too long, I certainly won't agonise over them like I did for my dress! I have no particular style in mind so once I get one that suits both of them I will be happy!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="dresstoimpress":350v5c72]Thanks girls! I went shopping and got a bit of a fright! It takes 4 months for the dresses to arrive in most shops we tried, plus they suggested leaving an extra month for alterations!! I'm getting married in just over 5 months, so have to decide almost straight away!!! Thank God none of the girls are at all fussy, found a good few styles everyone liked. Only problem is trying to decide a colour, minty green or coral??[/quote:350v5c72] I love both minty green and coral but would probably opt for coral. I think it'd be lovely for your time of the year and will match really well with lots of colours for flowers, shoes etc. Plus I think its flattering on all colourings :wv
Thanks Mrs PR, I'm kinda edging towards the coral myself. One bridesmaids is mad for coral, the other loves the mint, while the last is inbetween like myself!! They are so different but both suit all the girls......