Bridesmaids dresses - where and how much?!

Go to All Things Wedding

Caca83
New Wolly

Bridesmaids dresses - where and how much?!

Postby Caca83 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi girls,

Can anyone recommend places (online or shops) for bridesmaid dresses. I have checked out some bridal shops and also some high street places (asos, debenhams, quiz, next, littlewoods etc).
I cannot see anything I like.
There also seem to be a lot of similar online shops (lightinthebox, jjdresses, etc) that seem a bit too good to be true so am reluctant to order from them.
Also, what is the average cost of a bridesmaid dress? Some of the shops Ive visited are around €250-€300....it seems like a lot?
Thanks!

CasualBride
Mini Wolly

Re: Bridesmaids dresses - where and how much?!

Postby CasualBride » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Yes, I paid something like €225 each for my dresses. I got them from Wedding World in Limerick - they carry the Dessy range, which has a wide choice of styles.
Last time I was bridesmaid, the bride bought our dresses in Debenhams, she got them in the sale and hadn't anything definite in mind, so it was just a case of us all going shopping and finding one dress that suited us all. She still paid around €180 each for them at sale price I think.

I personally wouldn't have been brave enough to order anything online but I know a girl who did, the dresses looked nice but I know each bridesmaid had to alter their dress, none of the sizes were right. She paid €80 per dress and then each girl had to pay for alterations.

rosie_m
New Wolly

Postby rosie_m » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Heya. I'm a little but away from getting my bridesmaids dresses. Still changing my mind about colours. We have budgeted €200 for dresses but checked out folkster in Kilkenny (There is one in Dublin too) lots of really nice options in the €100-€150 bracket. Worth checking out.

Anne_K14
New Wolly

Postby Anne_K14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:53 pm

I also got my dresses in Dessy. I know a girl who got her dresses on the cheap on ASOS then the bridesmaids all had to pay for their own alterations- which cost more than the dresses. I thought it was a bit insulting to her friends to buy them something so cheap and unflattering. A lot of the bridesmaid dresses have a nice top but very heavy chiffon bottoms and one of my bridesmaids politely asked if we could get something different as she felt huge in that type of dress before. As they're my best friends I want them to be happy and feel comfortable. We ended up getting structured full length lace bridesmaid dresses and the quality is very good. It was expensive but then I wouldn't put them in something that I myself wouldn't be happy to wear.

Caca83
New Wolly

Postby Caca83 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks girls. I totally agree.....I dont want anyone to feel uncomfortable, they'll have to be happy with the dresses. Luckily, my bridesmaids are the same size so if I do order online I can just get one and then one again later.
Had a look at folkster, they have some nice stuff!!

allsún
Mini Wolly

Postby allsún » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:25 am

I got mine in be fabulous in limerick. I had one day to look with the girls before one went to america and a budget of €300 for the two. We walked out of the shop that day with two beautiful dresses that they both loved. They were €150 each so it was spot on budget!

Best Men Band
MrsK18
New Wolly

Postby MrsK18 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:31 pm

I just got mine in Swan Lake Couture in Athlone.
They stock the Vita Sorella Range and she does an offer of buy 2 and get the third dress half price so was €575 for three dresses (€190 each)

Caca83
New Wolly

Postby Caca83 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Thanks MrsK18, have just had a look online and they might be worth a visit.
Also, a friend recommended a shop in athlone for the mammy so might try and kill 2 birds :)

MrsK18
New Wolly

Postby MrsK18 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

No worries at all.
It isn't a very big shop but what she does have is lovely - worth taking a look at this site to see if any suit before you go in - essensedesigns. com/ sorella-vita/dresses/
She also does all of the alterations in house herself

Caca83 wrote:Thanks MrsK18, have just had a look online and they might be worth a visit.
Also, a friend recommended a shop in athlone for the mammy so might try and kill 2 birds :)

Ang1e
New Wolly

Postby Ang1e » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:09 am

Hiya, I bought multiway dress from Cari's closet.

https://www.cariscloset.ie/dress-sales/ ... y-dresses/

Next

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T