bridesmaids/groomsmen shoes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

janandbren16 Posts: 27
Might be a little late asking this as im getting married in a few weeks! but is it ok that bridesmaids shoes dont match? and groomsmen, i was told its normal now for them to just wear/get their own which I did tell them to, now Im getting paranoid that should have gotten them for them or at least told them to get the same?? i just told men get tan brown and ladies gold !
lorrimar Posts: 837
We got ours to wear their own too. The men were told once they were black we didn't care. The girls dresses were floor length so they couldn't be seen anyway :)
Tempranillo Posts: 36
mix and match seems to be the thing these days with shoes! youre bang on trend :hyper:
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
Our men had same shoes and the girls had floor length dresses so could wear whatever they wanted. it really doesn't matter, iv never once looked at bm or groomsmen and said OMG their shoes don't match!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
We bought the bridesmaids yellow shoes - each BM had a different pair. We also bought the dads and the groomsmen their shoes - they matched.
20thMay2017 Posts: 153
I don't think anybody will notice the shoes once they are all the same colour. I have never noticed what anyone had on their feet at a wedding O:o)
LadyB2016 Posts: 167
Our bridal party are wearing their own shoes. As long as the boys shoes are black, I wasn't fussed if they matched or not. You won't see the girls shoes under their dresses so was happy for them to wear their own. One of my bridesmaids lives in Dubai and won't be travelling back with her dress and shoes so I didn't see the point in me buying her expensive shoes that she was only going to wear for a few hours. If they had worn knee length dresses then I would have liked their shoes to match.