bridesmaids shopping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

markel Posts: 216
hi, I'm travelling from Mayo to Dublin this wkend to shop for bridesmaid dresses. Was just wondering if ye could recommend some shops in Dublin or along the way to visit? Have 3 bridemaids in 3 diff sizes so would need good selection thanks
princess tinkerbelle Posts: 811
Alexanders in Parnell St have a good selection and you don't need an appointment. Are there any style/make dresses you are looking for in particular? Also, just bear in mind that a lot of shops require you to make appointments when bridesmaid shopping also so maybe ring ahead to avoid any unnecessary trips!
E and E Posts: 84
Know it is not in Dublin but if you are in Mayo, highly recommend Tracy Bridal in Galway. Huge selection of dresses. Did the whole Dublin thing and found most places had a very limited selection. Could be lucky though.
Wifelet Posts: 294
Bridal Wraptures have a good selection too. But you have to make an appointment. I think its worth trying Debahams, Monsoon, Coast and House of Fraser etc. too. They tend to work out cheaper (especially if you buy them later on the internet from the UK) and it means that your bridesmaids can try on and buy in their own size. Bridal shops tend to carry only one of each dress as samples.
janers Posts: 37
I went to Debenhams in Henry St last Saturday, I'm getting my bm dresses made but I wanted to check what styles, length's etc would suit the girls. Definately worth doing because if you have a style in mind at least you can check the web for similar styles (..and possibly better prices).
niseycoll Posts: 80
Haven't been here myself yet but house of brides in ardee,Louth are selling all their dessy dresses for 150 euro in month of january. Not too far from dublin.
lolly77 Posts: 851
[quote="princess tinkerbelle":1wi7yaab]Alexanders in Parnell St have a good selection and you don't need an appointment. Are there any style/make dresses you are looking for in particular? Also, just bear in mind that a lot of shops require you to make appointments when bridesmaid shopping also so maybe ring ahead to avoid any unnecessary trips![/quote:1wi7yaab] I would second this... Ive 3 BM's all differant sizes and they got them there.
fije Posts: 51
thanks girls saturday's gonna be one busy busy day!!
CappuccinoHeaven Posts: 1081
[quote="niseycoll":1rxatigd]Haven't been here myself yet but house of brides in ardee,Louth are selling all their dessy dresses for 150 euro in month of january. Not too far from dublin.[/quote:1rxatigd] This is a great sale, but ring ahead to make an appointment!
dub-roma Posts: 136
Bridal Heaven in Swords do really lovely ones. I was at a wedding a few months ago where the BMs had dresses from there and they were fab.