Bright Days Ahead....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi all. Please do not take offence at the following, it is written in all sincerity. I know things look bleak at the moment, uncertainty, fear and depression stalk the land. One thing I can tell you is all things pass. When I bought my first house in 1991 it cost an unbelievable IR75,000. In 1992 interest rates with Irish Life, who I had my mortgage with went up to 17%, which meant repayments were around IR1000 a month! I could not afford furniture, or afford to heat the house. I remember back in the mid ‘80’s people were taking out ads in the newspapers offering to work for free just to get a job. Some were even offering money to prospective employers to be hired. This is all true. Throughout history the eternal cycle of boom, bust, boom, bust, has been a fact of life. I could write at length about those days but I will try to resist negativity. Fast forward to few years from now, and you will become an ‘ol fella’, or, ‘ol one’ like me, telling younger people of how hard it was in the early 2000’s. Take my word for it, this will pass, and brighter days await you. P.
Junewife07 Posts: 276
i hope they come sooner than expected :o(
Judging by the faces on your 2 lads I am begining to doubt it myself!
Junewife07 Posts: 276
:o0 :o0 you'd think they were being tortured or something and not the spoiled brats that they are :-8
Well a Teddy Bear does nothing for the image and sharing your space with a motorbike is degrading! But seriously though if I thought nothing was going to change I would pack up my bags and head off somewhere warm and cheap. I dont like when people, who are planning the biggest day of their lives, are having to feel they must settle for second best or do without. Maybe we should ban the word 'cheap' and use words like 'good value' or inexpensive!
woohoo09 Posts: 630
aaaaw. thank you for a ray of hope! It has been a bit dismal on here lately... for good reason though. It would be nice if things get better quickly won't it!? :wv
While it is a serious situation it is not helped by the media. Bad news is good news as far as TV and newspapers go, is sells copy. Misery breeds misery, so turn that expression on its head and think of the positive things you have going for you. I have seen all sorts of couples getting married. One thing I can tell you is that no amount of money, ice sculptures, baloons, flowers, doves, cars, chocolate fountains, favours, expensive dresses or exotic honeymoons will outshine a really happy couple. The real beauty of a wedding day is the relationship between the couple and what they make of the day, regardless of financial circumstances. P.
tararod Posts: 562
[quote="Getaway Wedding Cars":2xvmwtam] One thing I can tell you is that no amount of money, ice sculptures, baloons, flowers, doves, cars, chocolate fountains, favours, expensive dresses or exotic honeymoons will outshine a really happy couple. The real beauty of a wedding day is the relationship between the couple and what they make of the day, regardless of financial circumstances. P.[/quote:2xvmwtam] Awww thats so sweet and so true. I love weddings just for the romance of it all, not to see the dresses or for the meal or the music. I get all emotional :-8 when I see a realy happy couple who are obviously so in love. Hope h2b and I have a real beauty of a wedding day like the one described above. Thanks for that, I feel all warm inside :thnk
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Ahhhhhhhhhh that's lovely!!
pickens Posts: 205
that's a lovely post.. given all the doom and gloom of later I've stopped watching the news... avoidance me thinks. It's nice to see some optimism x