Menu

Bring DD1 to doc or not

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
2 nights ago DD1 had a temp of 38.9. Gave nurofen and she was fine the rest of the night. The next day she was fine too, no temp just a bit sniffly. Yday she was fine all day but was tired as she hadn't slept well that night. Then yday evening she pointed to her left side and said she had a pain. Then 10min later that pain was gone but was replaced with a pain just at her ear. I heated some olive oil and put it in her ear and off to bed with her at 6.30. At 10 get temp was 38.3 so I gave her nurofen again. She was fine the rest of last night. This morning she is back to herself, sounds like she has a cold (feel like I have it too), no pains anywhere and no temp. Someone worried me the other day and mentioned swine flu but she had the jab last year. So I'm thinking she has the normal flu or something. Would you be bringing her to the doc or leaving it for today and she what happens tonight? She's had a low temp 2 out of the last 3 nights
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
If your gut is telling u to bring her to the doc do it, could just be a bad head cold both of mine have had it and its a rotten dose. She could be getting teeth too on top of it if her ears are at her. Do what u think is right hun, doesn't sound like flu TBH if it was she would be much more lethargic and agitated than she sounds! HTH and that she feels better very soon
Momof2 Posts: 3884
I agree its probably a headcold and if you are managing her temp etc.. the only thing I'd be unsure of is her ear if that is sore it can be very distressing for them. As the other poster said go with your gut but he could rule out an ear infection or treat it. I'd always err on the side of caution when it comes children.
Thanks girls. She's totally fine again this morning and crying because I told her she can't go to Montessori. I thought it was the flu because I didn't think you got a temp with a cold. She has all cold symptoms but the temp threw me off. I'll see how she is today and bring her to doc tomo if temp raises again tonight. I'd be afraid she had an ear infection or something. It's definitely not teeth as she has them all. Gut is telling me she's ok but as always there's the tiny niggling voice telling me the opposite!
Daff Posts: 11644
Could you call your GP and talk it through with him on the phone? I do this a good bit cuase he's a long way away and also money! Sounds very like my DD last week. Was fine during day but getting temp at night and waking up whinning but wasn't sure why. She also was coughing a lot during the night, would have a bad bout of it and then be fine again for a few hours. Would be great again the next morning. Hope she's ok soon.
Daff did the doc prescribe anything, or was it just a cold?
Daff Posts: 11644
he didn't give her anything. He's the sort that would be reluctant too anyway but said that there was nothing that would help her, she just had to get it out of her system. But maybe call yours if you're worried? My biggest worry that made me take her was I was afraid it had gone to her chest but it hadn't. He told me to look at her chest for breathing, make sure it's not too quick and that she doesn't have to tilt her head back to get a breath.
Thanks for the info Daff. Rang doc there and shes to ring me back.