Bringing in cot sheets to Holles St?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

markel Posts: 216
My local hosp asks people to bring in their own cot sheets as well as blankets for baby. But I'm now gonna be havin baby in Holles St - is it same there or will they provide them? How many would we need - not much space in bag!!!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I'm going to Holles St. There's never been any mention of sheets, they just say to bring a blanket to bring baby home in.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I had my DS in Holles St last year and didn't need sheets or blankets. They do say to bring a blanket but when I queried it in ante natal class because of lack of space in bags, they said there would be blankets there. DS had two blankets and didn't need changes at all. I did bring an old flannel pillow case in case of puking or mucous but never used it. The sheets were fine. Going there this time as well and don't intend bringing either but will leave a blanket handy at home in case DH needs to bring it in to me. DS born by emergency section and having elective section this time. I think they automatically give blanket to baby after sections but not sure about the delivery unit.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Holles st provides sheets &blankets. The blankets are are very hard. So I brought in my own this time. I recommend putting a pillow cover or muslin cloth under LOs head as for first few days, babies can spit up alot.
markel Posts: 216
Tks for replies More room in bag now so!! Will bring some blankets to Dub and have them in car