Bringing on labour

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsMeggy Posts: 367
Can you bring on labour? I am really fed up and my Hubbie started his holidays today had to take them for 2 weeks, he will be able to get more after but not get paid so if we could have the baby in the next week it would be great, tried the Sex (only once mind you) and getting a curry tonight any other suggestions????????
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Ive no idea but just wanted to wish you all the best with baby and it will arrive when its ready :lvs :wv
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Walk, walk and more walking. or so they say! :o0 DS was still 2 and half weeks overdue, even though I walked for Ireland, but thats what doctor ordered!
sunshiniest Posts: 303
Heard drinking raspberry leaf tea can help bring it on...
MrsMeggy Posts: 367
Thanks girls just out of a hot bath so that another one I was told... Guess it is like my Granny said the apple will fall when it is ripe.... have to see what nature has in store
mad woman Posts: 22106
loads of sex if you can manage it.
chilledout Posts: 834
I tried everything but nothing worked! DS was two weeks late. The one thing I didn't try which apparently does help is castor oil. Problem is it sets off your bowels too and can have some unpleasant side effects! Doctors don't recommend it, but I guess if you were desparate.........
sunshiniest Posts: 303
Read the post called Royal Wolly for a insight report into castor oil and its varied results :o0 :o0
babe06 Posts: 898
I'm afraid I've tried everything too but all it does is bring on false labour. And I'm so shattered now from having regular pains that I've decided to give it all a rest! Honestly getting loads of pains but cervics hasn't dilated at all so whats the point. I guess it will happen on its on time
agie Posts: 1107
my 3 sisters had reflexology and it brought on their labours - good luck!