Broadband or Television??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hils138 Posts: 680
I am wondering in the present climate, which "luxury" would you give up
mrswifey09 Posts: 1300
At least with broadband you can watch tv online and also borrow boxsets and dvds from everyone and anyone!!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
You shouldn't of included the couldn't decide option. For me, I'd give up broadband. I don't know what I'd do without Sky+!
Dollydel Posts: 1726
I couldn't give up Sky+. I don't know how I watched TV before it! :o0
ott Posts: 3920
Broadband is far more important to me! In fact, over the weekend I suggested getting rid of the TV to DH; we hadn't turned it on in days. He vetoed the idea though.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
[quote="Dollydel":oce4f4r3]I couldn't give up Sky+. I don't know how I watched TV before it! :o0[/quote:oce4f4r3] I don't know how either.... :o0 :o0 although if I HAD to choose, I'd probably pick broadband to keep... as you can watch tv shows online... we watch a lot of box sets as it is.
Elizabeth Bennett Posts: 682
I cancelled both Broadband and TV with Chorus last month, after 3 days I was back on to chorus to get broadband back as quickly as possible! I had bought an O2 dongle already but found it worse than useless. Don't miss the TV at all(have saorview anyway and that's enough)
highbeam Posts: 2578
Id say goodbye to sky. Although I love sky plus you can watch so much online now and you can buy a cable that you can hook up the laptop to the tv. The majority of programs I like I could watch online off the likes of rte player.
plainsconesonly Posts: 300
I couldnt give up either!!! But if i had to Id give up sky plus :weep :weep and go to my parents house more often to watch tv
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I chose neither because I don't think either is a luxury but if I absolutely 100% had to choose then I think it would be tv - maybe...ish....not sure!! :o0